Shoveling snow 3 weeks post op??

Jackie T.
on 1/21/14 9:58 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

No you should not be shoveling, it is too soon.  You are still healing inside and can tear your incisions.  I was cleared for exercising but no twisting, turning or lifting until 7-8 weeks out.  There are so many people that have heartaches shoveling snow and it is because you end up really exerting yourself while doing this "exercise".  You need to move but you need to take it easy or you will set your progress back.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

howarli
on 1/21/14 10:05 pm - MD

NO WAY!!!

BetterTheSecondTime
on 1/21/14 11:27 pm - Cortlandt Manor, NY

Ok, so I ended up not having any other option...my husband had to stay overnight for work down in the city..

We didn't get too much snow & it was very light & crystallized because of the extreme cold. I swept as much as I could, which was less strenuous...but I did have to shovel to get my car out.

I feel ok, no pain...so I'm praying everything is OK.

Thanks for all the replies...I wish I could have followed your advice. :(

puffierus
on 1/22/14 2:12 am - PA

I would  be very careful and not do it. I really did not take to heart the no lifting no bending after my surgery and now I have a hernia.  It bulges out of my belly next to my navel, Not sure if it was there before and  I can not see it because my tummy is so much smaller or if it was from the lifting grocery bags ete and shoveling snow.  I knew when I was doing these things I could feel a little tug in my tummy but it wasn't so bad so I ignored it now I wish I would have been more careful

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views