My first food NSV

trinoc
on 1/28/14 9:59 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

This is a big one for me since my biggest issue to conquer is not, in fact, my weight but my mindset when it comes to feeding me.

This morning I was getting ready to fix my breakfast.  I was just going to reheat some leftover Southwestern Quiche from dinner last night.  When I opened the container there was my small piece that I left from last night and there were two regular pieces.  I looked at the leftover piece and thought, "I want more than that."  However, I told myself that I'd eat that and see how I felt.  So that's what I did.  I'm now almost halfway through that tiny piece and I'm not sure I'll fini****  I'm just so proud that I made a good portion decision.  THIS is what I need to learn and live...forever!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Stmp1120
on 1/28/14 10:40 pm

Amen!!  You will be amazed at how little it takes to fill you up.  We went out to a restaurant and I had 1/2 of an appetizer and could eat no more.   I was shocked at the size of the portions I used to eat and would still want more.  You're off to a great start.

Tracy D.
on 1/28/14 10:40 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're doing great, Tricia - keep it up! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

The_True_KayD
on 1/28/14 11:04 pm

Love it!! you are on your way to creating the new normal. I experienced this a couple of weeks ago. The smaller portion soon becomes the normal portion for you! I said to my one of my friends (also sleeved) how it feels to good to adjust that portion grab! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

michellebrad
on 1/28/14 11:56 pm - Eastlake, OH

That is AWESOME and so good to hear!  I'm pre-op, but I can't WAIT until I get to choose the smaller portion and won't be able to fini****!  This surgery is going to be the best tool I have ever had to help with my weight loss.  Seeing these NSV's really help and are inspiring.  What a fantastic accomplishment for you!  Congratulations and keep those NSV's coming!  :)  I love being inspired!

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

Spencerella
on 1/29/14 12:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

That's awesome!  Even at 15 months out, I still have to make those types of conscious choices. I/m not sure that choosing the smaller piece will ever come naturally to me, so I try to use those moments as a reminder that my obesity is something I will always have to be aware of and actively working on.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

mickeymantle
on 1/29/14 12:41 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

yea isn't it amazing

and you can find something to eat at even the worst kind of restaurant, I went to a New York style  deli and I ate 2 eggs and a little beef bacon that was great and fit on my plan   

most of my meals are 4 oz of protein and a little veggies ,I need the veggies to keep things going

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views