Struggling - words of wisdom?

themexcellentone
on 1/31/14 10:59 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

You have had a lot of great suggestions here.  I would add to them:

Carry a Tervis tumbler or water bottle with you everywhere you go.  This will help you stay on track with your water goals as long as you are conscientious about filling it up when it is empty.  Se****er drinking goals--for example, "I will drink 64 oz of water by 5 pm (this is my personal goal) and 64 more oz by 11 pm."

Keep travel-friendly high protein snacks with you like jerky (if that's your thing) or protein powder that can be mixed with water or a carton of milk.

When you're traveling, just walking is good exercise.  Take walks, even if they are multiple short ones in a day.  Every bit helps!

You can do this...remember, these behaviors are the ones you will be doing the rest of your life. :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

isign4u
on 1/31/14 4:10 pm

Great suggestion on the water.  That is the only way I can get in my fluids.  I am not allowed to eat until I have finished a minimum of 25 ounces before each meal.  This ensures that I get a minimum of 75 ounces, but it tends to be closer to 100.  One other suggestion is to buy one of those collapsible coolers.  You can use the ice at the hotel to fill it up and keep it in the tub if they don't have a fridge.  When you get to your destination go to the local grocery or 7 eleven and grab some string cheese, cottage cheese, lunch meat etc... I have found by planning ahead I am never left in a situation of wondering what I am going to eat. 

"One mistake does not a day make"        
Alison V.
on 1/31/14 9:43 pm - MO
VSG on 10/22/12

Get back on track.  Get back to your healthy habits right now.  It was only one trip.  It will not define your future eating habits.  Stay up late tonight, and get your food prepped. 

With that said.  At hotels, if there is no fridge ask the front desk for one.  Tell them you had surgery and have to store special perishable items.   Most hotels are good at helping you out if you say "surgery".  If you can't get to a GNC as mentioned in an earlier post, ask the shuttle driver to take you to the nearest drug store, or walk to one.   Stock up on water, protien shakes/powder, and easy snacks.  Even if they are not your normal perfect diet items, they will get your through without hitting the over priced vendiing machine for cheese puffs.

Good luck, I know your next trip will be great!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/14 10:03 pm

I would bring unflavored protein powder with you.You can mix it in coffee and other items.One thing is you realized what you need to do that is a major plus.Eggs are a great thing.Bring sugar free hot chocolate it has 20 calories and you can add protein powder in that. I am a fan of learning to eat real food.But when it comes to traveling so early out.You can figure this out. It takes time and planning.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views