The Head Hunger Gnome

mmmesser
on 2/2/14 12:17 am

I don't know what is going on but I am feeling the Head Hunger Gnome gnawing at me...not real hunger either!  Just the 'I want to shove things in my mouth and will be happy about it'!  I have lost close to 85 lbs. in almost 6 months (the 5th of Feb. is my 6 month surgiversary).  It is near that TOM and whereas before it didn't seem to phase me...now...holy cow!  I just want to munch!  It's like my body is wanting to 'fatten up' for childbirth or something???  I keep thinking that I just need to really concentrate on sticking to plan and with that make some allowances for healthy versions/sleeve versions of some decadence!  I haven't had ANY chocolate in 6 months and in total 5 bites of holiday pies in 6 months.  Literally!  And not that it's all just about chocolate or sweets...ANYTHING would suffice!  I am sticking to less than 800 calories a day but it is difficult here in the last few days!  I thought I would write about it here and see if you guys have any thoughts or suggestions or just words of encouragement!

honeybeeme
on 2/2/14 1:40 am
VSG on 01/22/14

I haven't hit the TOM of month yet since my surgery (just 1-1/2 weeks ago). BUT I wondered if a piece or two of M&Ms or Reeses or something would stave the hormones?  If anyone has tried, and succeeded... in the way of not binging and getting back on track... let me know. LOL

Read a good book?  Take a walk?  Drink a chocolate protein shake? :-)

Annie1022
on 2/2/14 1:44 am

Lite n Fit Greek yogurt really helps me.  The strawberry cheesecake is yum.  80 cal, 14 protein.  I love the cherry and blueberry also and I'm not a fruity person.  I'm was a chocoholic, but theses are so creamy and pudding like.

mmmesser
on 2/2/14 2:22 am

I must have been reading your mind while I was out getting Rotel....I decided for the first time to get some yogurt with the best bang for my buck so to speak (less calories, increased protein) and got the Greek Lite n Fit!  Ha!  Great Suggestion!

trinoc
on 2/2/14 3:13 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I haven't dealt with this yet but it's been discussed in support group and most women swear by just eating an extra chocolate calcium chew.  LOL  They say it's just enough to stave that beast without derailing.  Other suggestions were greek yogurt w/ pudding mixed in...or protein powder if you have room for the calories.  

For people who have the salty cravings the favorite suggestion was zucchini chips w/ hummus.  

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

mmmesser
on 2/2/14 5:06 am

Definitely some good suggestions!  I'm thinking of upping my Celexa as well in case it's the winter months causing some mood issues as well!  I feel like Annie Oakley with my six shooter trying to wrestle through this and trying to 'hit' all marks that can keep me staying successful!  I'm upping my water, increasing meds, talking about it, keeping extra busy, and increasing my protein for a bit while subbing a sleeve friendly recipe or two to get me through the hump.  I can't do ANY bit of chocolate or otherwise because that would start a faucet that would take forever to get turned off!  Thanks!

trinoc
on 2/2/14 6:49 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Sounds like you're doing a great job of staying on top of it!  Keep on keeping on!  You can get through it.

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views