Gross, but I need to ask!

kellma699
on 2/7/14 7:22 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

I was sleeved on 2/4/14 so I a a newborn in this WLS world, so please forgive my ignorance in advance. Thanks. :)

I am afraid to pass gas! I can do it, bit I have to push very hard to release it. I am afraid with all the strain I am going to rupture my new sleeve or tear up one of my incision.

Anyone else have this fear? Or have you heard that damage can be done by pushing too hard?

tMI, but at this stage farting gives me relief from the bloat and gas I'm experiencing as a result of not having a BM in a few days. I took M.O.M last night so I'm praying for some action in the bathroom later this morning. Lol

Sorry if I was too graphic and grossed you all out.

Nikke2003
on 2/7/14 8:43 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Passing gain will not rupture your stomach. However, there is a rule that people always say around here.... "Never trust a fart" - meaning (especially if you're taking MOM).... don't trust that what you get will ONLY be a fart. I've seen too many stories on these boards and FB groups of people pooping themselves to count! Be careful in that respect... but your stomach should be fine!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

kellma699
on 2/8/14 12:10 am
VSG on 02/04/14

Haha..love it! Trust me, all farts are suspect these days!

Calaska
on 2/8/14 2:09 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

What is MOM?  I haven't had surgery yet, just trying to take in as much info as possible!  Thanks!

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

carrie054
on 2/8/14 2:47 pm

Milk of Magnesia.

Sandy M.
on 2/7/14 9:18 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

There are miles (literally) of colon and intestines from your behind to your new tummy.  So you won't hurt it.  If you can, lay on your back, bend your knees, and bring them as far up to your chest as you can without straining your incisions.  It's a good pose to pass gas quickly believe it or not!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

jndrake
on 2/7/14 11:11 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

TRUST what Nikkie said 

that's all I'm saying!

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Tenacious88
on 2/8/14 3:25 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Farts are good, gas is not, so fart on my friends. Just had surgery Feb 5 and the fart dept is doing great. Number two is also fine. Walking helps and sipping your water.

Houston we don't have a problem all systems are a go. Let it out, let it out, LOL.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views