Time off of work

takingcharge27
on 2/9/14 8:24 am

Hello! This is my first post. I was wondering how long everyone took off from work? right now i have about a week and a half time that i can use and i cant really afford to take more than two weeks off. 

Scribbler
on 2/9/14 8:26 am

I'm taking 4 weeks. Good thing, too, since my incisions are at my bra and waistband lines. How in the hell.

takingcharge27
on 2/9/14 8:31 am

i havent even thought about stuff like that! im in the early stages of this process. i also have a desk job! which im sure im better off then some people but i didnt think about my incisions. 

Scribbler
on 2/9/14 8:35 am

I have a desk job, too, one that requires nice clothing. You know, the kind of clothing that would just rub the heck out of my incisions. I'm sooooo glad I took the 4 weeks. WHY on earth my surgeon put my incisions where he did, I'll never know, but oh well, that's the luck of the draw. I'm getting sore arms from patting myself on the back over taking 2 extra weeks off!

Oh and by the way, my procedure was laparoscopic, I have 3 very small incisions and a 4th incision that's maybe 1-2 inches long, not a big deal, but that bigger incision? BURNS LIKE THE DEVIL SOMETIMES and sometimes even cramps up. The other incisions, as long as I leave them alone, they play nice.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Tracey C.
on 2/9/14 8:33 am
VSG on 12/27/13

I took two but easily could have gone back in one, as I have a desk job where there is no lifting, minimal stress & ability to have water, shakes, food at my desk with me.

Tracey

takingcharge27
on 2/9/14 8:35 am

Thats great to hear! i dont think i could last more than two weeks at home without being bored out of my mind. thanks!

Tracey C.
on 2/9/14 9:08 am
VSG on 12/27/13

It is horiffically boring when you are supposed to be "resting"........ I don't rest or relax well.   :)))))

LovesDoggs
on 2/9/14 9:04 am - Clayton, CA

I asked this question a lot before my surgery and got varied answers of three days to two weeks. It probably depends a lot on your job. I was going to take one but ended up taking two due to a flu at my work that I decided to avoid.  I was tired that first week but otherwise ok. I spent two weeks learning how to sip my water. Man, I'm terrible at that.  Getting better though! 

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

kellma699
on 2/9/14 9:09 am
VSG on 02/04/14

I took two weeks off, but I am thinking of going back a little early. I wait tables 8 hours per week and go to school full time. I had surgery last Tuesday and am going back to school tomorrow.

HW 257, SW 190.2, CW 148.8, GW 125

takingcharge27
on 2/9/14 9:11 am

Thank you all for advice. Im feeling alot better about only doing two weeks. While you were at home, were you ladies laying in bed, propped up with pillows or oun the couch?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views