Shouldn't I feel restriction more?

aimz822
on 2/11/14 10:46 am - Caledonia, NY
Revision on 01/14/14

Okay. 4 weeks out today and guess I am expecting more of a feeling of restriction. My sleeve buddy (we had surgery within an hour and a half of each other on Jan 14) and I were talking and wondering if our Doc actually did the surgery...  Ha ha!

The reality is that in comparison to what we were eating, we are now consuming far fewer calories and the food is mostly protein and very low carb. Wondering though if because the food is not "dense" protein, does the restriction on soft foods just feel much different? Would love to be assured that when the dense proteins are integrated, will the magic restriction begin?  

I have had some of the physical signs of fullness (hiccups, runny nose) but not too often and I do know that the goal is not to overstuff that new tummy... Just would like a vet to reassure me that this may be normal. I can really get about 6 oz in without any physical cues. Could my stomach nerves still be numb?

I'm a band revision and have lost 30 pounds so far so not any complaints what so ever!  Thanks!!!

http://www.band2banana.blogspot.com   Surgery Date: Jan. 14, 2014

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/11/14 12:32 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I didn't start to really feel the restriction until 6 weeks when I moved to a more regular diet of dense protein.  I think it takes a while for the nerves to heal and for the dense protein to work its magic.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

The_True_KayD
on 2/11/14 10:47 pm

I began to feel the full restriction once I went onto full foods. I began to sense it some once i was at the end of the pureed food stage. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views