Some insurances pay for Protein Drinks & Supplements

jujubslim
on 2/12/14 1:18 am
VSG on 03/17/14

I found this info on another site, apparantly some Rx coverage pays for protein drinks and supplements. Insure Nutrition will contact your doctor for a script and then submit to your insurance. If it's covered they will mail you drinks, supplements and even scar cream. They only have 2 types of protein drinks, optisource and premier protein, however Premier Protein seems pretty popular. I havent tried it yet, but as soon as my surgery is scheduled I'm going to give it a shot. Just thought I'd share.

http://www.insurenutrition.com/

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/12/14 1:42 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Seems like a way to make money. Why couldn't a surgeon give you a prescription and you have it submitted at any pharmacy? My flex spending will pay for them if I have a prescription any plan will. It is all part of the new health care laws.

Aquafinaflo
on 2/12/14 2:12 am
VSG on 02/18/14

It's not a money making scheme. I actually did it and they contacted me to tell me they sent a prescription to my dr and to make sure they got it to sign and send back. The shakes and crime are free with my insurance and I do t have to pay anything at all. They will come every month. So that's sYing a lot of money when you look at it. But if u choose not, then that's your. Notice.

Nikke2003
on 2/12/14 2:06 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Maybe people consider that site to be a "bait and switch" program. Meaning, they will charge your insurance for the vitamins and creams that they send you (that you didn't ask for) and essentially give you the protein shakes for free. This site has charged insurance companies $3,000-$5,000 for the creams and vitamins. You should try asking if you can received the shakes without the creams and vitamins and see what they say! Most people consider this an insurance scam! 

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

jujubslim
on 2/12/14 2:12 am
VSG on 03/17/14

You can get the shakes without supplements. It's not really a bait and switch, they're sending you items that are a covered benefit for some insurance plans. I'm sure they're making money like any other provider of service. If it's covered it's a covered benefit, you dont necessarily have to use this site, you regular pharmacy may also be able to fill it if you have an Rx. 

A lot of people (myself included) didn't realize protein shakes and OTC supplements could be paid by your insurance for certain medical conditions. Bariatric surgery being one of them.

Nikke2003
on 2/12/14 2:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Well that's what I'm trying to say - if this is something that your insurance would cover then you don't need the site. Maybe it's not that way for everyone, but the people I have known to use the site said they got a statement from their insurance company in the mail for thousands of dollars. I realize we don't pay for it directly, but it just seems wrong to me to expect your insurance company to pay that much! Know what I mean?

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

jujubslim
on 2/12/14 2:28 am
VSG on 03/17/14

I see what you're saying, but pharmacy reimbursement is pretty regulated. They can charge thousands of dollars but what they get paid has already been established and agreed upon. Like I said, it's not for everyone I was just putting out there for those who would have otherwise spent their own money on these items. 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/13/14 9:56 pm
VSG on 12/06/12
TurnThePage
on 2/12/14 2:41 am

These scammers have been discussed repeatedly on this site. Check the search function.

jujubslim
on 2/12/14 2:53 am
VSG on 03/17/14

Did a search I didn't see anyone within the first 3 pages indicate it was a scam. 

Most Active