Just over a week out.

Scribbler
on 2/12/14 11:30 pm

I'm a little over a week out. I feel GREAT. No, seriously. I do. I think I'm gonna live.

The dairy intolerance threw me for a loop, but I'll just try different things and get my protein in. I may not get up to 80g immediately, but it seems like almost nobody does, right out of the gate. My energy level's still good, and my fluid intake is good.

The size of the pills that the surgeon gave me, is alarming. They get stuck.

I only have pain if I drink too fast or take one of my horse pills.

I DO have some spasm in one of the incisions in my tummy. It limits my activities, including walking. Hope it goes away in the next week or so. I think it's just trying to heal up. I have a prescription (horse pill) for it.

My body doesn't seem to want to take in too much food at once. I don't know if I should call it "dumping" but it sure seems like it. I just measure out my portions to avoid the oddball feeling that I ate too much. I'm not getting restriction, so, I just measure and go by what the NUT said to take in.

I'm living on Greek yogurt, almond milk, unsweetened herbal tea, sugar-free Jello, vitamins, and strained cream of chicken soup (homemade, non-dairy). I guess it's ok for now, but I really look forward to getting real food again.

The yucky "ketosis" taste in my mouth is really gross.

My sense of smell is turned up to 11. I don't like smelling my man's body or breath even after he brushes his teeth. He smells like old garlic and rotting meat from all the sausages he eats (he's a sausage fiend). I don't say anything because I don't want to hurt his feelings. I am the one who changed, not him.

I have to eat something every couple of hours. This is against how I trained myself to not snack over the past couple of years. I'm afraid of becoming a "grazer" again. I'm undoing all the hard work I did before, to eat 3 meals and stop at that. This concerns me, because I know at some point later this year I will have to stop the snacks and go back to 3 meals/day.

I have "skinny dreams" of being active again. It's something to look forward to! I would love to go for a jog, or a walk in the woods. It will be so fun being able to get out and not worry if I can walk this distance or that. I mean I could go a couple of miles before, but I'd be SOL if I got too hot or my joints started to seize up, which they would do on odd occasions.

This may sound weird, but I look forward to only needing small meals to keep me going, without constant hunger.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

claimmaster
on 2/12/14 11:39 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I don't believe that eating more than 3 meals a day means you graze.  I eat 5 meals a day, at 3 hour intervals, but eat nothing inbetween.  Then I don't have to try and eat more than my stomach can hold by getting in all my nutrition in just 3 meals a day.  I believe it keeps my restriction better.  I'm satisfied with smaller amounts of food.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Scribbler
on 2/13/14 1:45 am

I've accepted that I will have to snack. I'm just afraid of it turning into a slippery slope into grazing. I'll just have to very carefully plan my meals and snacks from now on to make sure the nutrition is right.

STXREDNECK
on 2/13/14 12:34 am

I'm 5 days out still on clear liquids, will be in mostly liquids till week 4

56sunShine14
on 2/13/14 12:55 am

Can you cut the horse pill into halves or quarters?

Scribbler
on 2/13/14 1:44 am

Some of them I can, and I do. The only problem with cutting, is then you have sharp edges of the cut pills, which sometimes hang in my tummy. When that happens, I can only sit and wait for the pills to either dissolve or go through. I have no choice but to cut some of my pills though, because they're literally larger than how big the surgeon said he made my sleeve.

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/14 5:04 am

My instructions say no pills larger than a baby aspirin for 4 weeks.  They must be chewable or liquid.  It is concerning  have every program has such different protocols.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 226 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views