wardrobe malfunction

Tenacious88
on 2/15/14 9:29 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Wardrobe Malfunction.

Yesterday while shopping at Wal-Mart with my daughter I had a wardrobe malfunction, I almost dropped my pants from the weight I’ve lost, luckly I felt my pants dropping and held on to my belt, wow. I can imagine myself on Wal-Mart video site (People of Wal-Mart)  that would have been very embarrassing. After only 29 ½ lbs lost, I need to start shopping for smaller pants, I’m happy. Each day gets easier after VSG, Monday I start phase three of my program, soft foods. Shakes and water are going down ok, just need to increase the amounts, but I’ll get there.
For those you who are on the fence, don’t think about it to much longer, come and join us on the Loser’s Bench. Being called a Loser in my times was a bad thing, but now a days it’s a good things, ( Loser )  thanks OH and friends.
If you want to view some pictures that I posted check out my profile.
Have a Wonderful evening.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

G5x5
on 2/15/14 10:09 am - VA

Take a tip from the master of doing it wrong, "buy only want you absolutely need."

Avoid all purchases you absolutely can until you reach maintenance.  Never assume you know what size you're going to be (this comes closer to the end).  Any money you spend before maintenance has a high probability of being wasted $$$$.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Tenacious88
on 2/15/14 4:19 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Good morning : You're right I don't want to waste money, when things are changing so fast. I can use that money to buy more shakes and other food products that I really need. Thanks for your reply.

stay well.

88  ( Lou )

themexcellentone
on 2/15/14 11:15 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Or have the number of a good tailor handy.  That's what I have done.  I have also shopped the sales like a boss.  :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

KellyH67
on 2/15/14 12:29 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

I HIGHLY recommend shopping at a GoodWill or consignment store…both now and later.  I like higher end brands (not designer…but I'm a fan of Ralph Lauren, et al) and figure why pay $100 for something I can buy for $5 or $10 at Good Will?  :-)  Once I wa****….it's mine.  And it can be a HUGE budget saver for in between sizes.  

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

Tenacious88
on 2/15/14 4:29 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: I love shopping at Goodwill, my daughter is a bargain shopper so I have a good buddy to go shopping with. She uses all the discount and money saving cards she can get her hand on, and she's only 14 y/o, I'm blessed.  As I get smaller I can really find some great looking and fitting clothing.

Off we go to Goodwill, happy shopping.

Thanks for your help, stay well.

88 ( Lou )

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/15/14 2:24 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I bought some new sizes at Costco and Walmart because they were fairly cheap. The thrift stores by me didn't have a great selection of larger size clothes but maybe you'll have better luck at your local ones. I've dropped 4 sizes in the last 3+ months and I'm still losing at a steady rate so it didn't make sense to me money-wise to go higher quality clothing than Walmart. Time enough for that once I hit goal weight.

You're going to be dropping weight fairly quickly for the next few months  so be prepared to clean out the closets and make room for some "in-between" clothes. 

Congrats on almost losing your pants LOL Time to buy a smaller belt, too!

Jessica B.
on 2/15/14 6:53 pm

I love Walmart! The second hand stores around me aren't that good, and my mom has me scared to death of them anyway. Even though I haven't had my surgery yet, I still like the idea of only paying $10-$15 for something. Like now I'll shop Lane Bryant for tanks because I wear them to work everyday and they last longer than a $5 walmart one. I can't wait to have this problem though. Happy Shopping!

themexcellentone
on 2/15/14 11:18 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

If you are looking for clothes in sizes 26-30,  let me know...I have a bunch I am trying to get rid of! 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mcraedublin
on 2/15/14 7:11 pm - GA

Hi,  I can't wait to join you in 3 days!!!! Happy shopping!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views