Nervous, going for plastics consult today

ravenbrown
on 2/23/14 11:54 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

So, I'm going for a plastics consult today and I'm sooooo nervous.  I do not like getting naked in front of strangers or having my skin tugged on to show much laxity there actually is.  Sigh.  I'm also so terrified of having more surgery, but I'm so sick of my lack of breasts and my stomach.  This is basically just stream of consciousness, but if anyone has any suggestions on what I should ask (I do have a list) or any advice, feel free to let me know.  I would like to get the surgeries done in the spring, but I think I'm still in denial about going under the knife.  Ugh.  This is a good thing, right? 

Nikke2003
on 2/24/14 12:04 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm so excited for you!!!!! I don't know that I have any advice... but I wanted to say GOODLUCK! I'm hoping to go to consults in late spring/early summer so that I can get an idea of how much I'll have to save - even though I've already started saving. I'm hoping maybe during XMas break later this year I can make it happen!!

Let us know how it goes!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 2/24/14 12:07 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Will do!  Once I figure out my surgeon and get a date, I'm going to have to decide what I'm telling my boss about the time off.  :)  Not really sure I want him to know about getting my breasts augmented.  Funny how a tummy tuck doesn't bother me, but I do NOT want to discuss my breasts with my single boss.  Hahahaha

Nikke2003
on 2/24/14 12:15 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I get that 10000000%. I don't know what I'm going to tell my boss either when that day comes. It's difficult to be like, "Uhhh... you may or may not have noticed that I've lost about 250 lbs in the last 2 years.... yeah.... so that leaves a lot of skin that I"m going to have removed" hahahaha AWKWARD!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 2/24/14 12:22 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I just don't even know how to broach it.  I never told him I had WLS.  I told him I was having surgery, but I was vague on the details.  I'm pretty private professionally, so it wasn't strange, and I work from home.  Good grief.  I feel like a 16 year old asking to stay out past curfew

emelar
on 2/24/14 4:38 am - TX

Open your eyes really big, see if you can bring a tear to your eye, and say "woman problems."  With most men, that's all it takes.  They won't ask for details, they don't want details, they don't even want to think about it. 

Seriously, all you need is a note from your doc saying you won't be able to return to wor****il (insert date) due to a medical condition.  No need to give any details of the condition. 

MayPenGirl
on 2/24/14 12:05 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Getting naked in front of a stranger is pretty nerve racking.  Maybe you can try to picture something that makes you laugh and that will help take your mind off of being naked.

This is a very good thing!! Please keep us updated.

I'm also thinking of getting plastics but with everything I got going on financially it will not be in the near future.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

ravenbrown
on 2/24/14 12:08 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

The naked thing is OK, it's more the pulling on my skin and poking at my body.  You know?  I think most of my modesty went away with pregnancy and giving birth, but I really don't like the pushing around of my skin.  Ugh.  It just reminds me of how it used to be filled with fat.  I don't know.  I'm just freaking out.  Thank you :)

danixbanani
on 2/24/14 12:10 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Hmm, I do agree that getting naked in front of strangers is nerve wracking but I go for a full on brazilian wax every other month and my "master waxer" (seriously, that's her title) loves to get up in my business LOL.  At first I was so nervous like HELLO this lady is gonna be for realz all in my lady business but now I kind of think of her as a doctor.  Like it's medically necessary for her to remove unwanted hair from my nether regions...it's so not and my favorite is when she's waiting for the wax to dry and she drum beats on my legs, awkward much?  ...haha anyway I hope I made you laugh a little to quell the nerves ;)

Good luck...you deserve this!  And just think of this as "medically necessary" and you won't get the nerves so much. 

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

ravenbrown
on 2/24/14 12:14 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Haha medically necessary.  I've had several brazilian waxes.  The best was by two Korean women in Seoul - seriously, you need TWO chicks to wax my hooha?!  My favorite part is when they break out a magnifying glass and the tweezers to get every last hair.  I guess I should think of this as medically necessary for my self esteem.  I need this skin chopped off.  I miss my boobies.  Muah!  I hope you are doing well :)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views