4 weeks out, feeling great!

Scribbler
on 3/5/14 1:52 am

I've lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks - ok, maybe not as fast as SOME of y'all, but for me that's phenomenal. I'm in a little stall right now, but everything (carbs, cals, water etc.) are on track so I'm not freaking out or anything. I'm also able to exercise more and more, which is good. That blasted muscle spasm FINALLY isn't nearly as bad and isn't putting me on the floor every time I try to take a walk. That means I can get back to my aerobics this month, and weight training next month.

I am also able to finally drink protein shakes again! This helps tremendously with hitting my goals. Whatever wacky thing was going on with my intestines has FINALLY quit. (Some kinda irritation or allergy thing?) I make my little protein shake with almond milk twice a day and slowly sip it at some point during work. I'm also eating food - but since I can still only get 1-2 oz. at a time, I have to depend on the shakes for a while yet. Which I now don't mind since I'm not having violent diarrhea every time I take a sip.

Hey, question for y'all -- the hubs saw me struggling with water and bought me a LifeWater zero thing - it tasted sweet, so I looked up the calories and it said 0, but 8 carbs per bottle! I told him not to get that again! How can a thing have zero calories but 8 carbs??? Is this some kind of evil government conspiracy food labeling get-around-the-regulations invisible numbers thing or somethin'?

I'm also back at work. Booooo! Hiss!

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 2:07 am - Canada

Sounds like you are doing great!  I wish I hadn't given away all my protein stuff now that I know it sometimes just takes time to tolerate something.  Oh well live and learn!

And 20 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing!

The_True_KayD
on 3/5/14 2:51 am

You are doing great! I love the positive attitude!  Don't compare you journey to anyone else's. We all loose weight at different rates. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views