Protein to mix into yogurt

Chelle40D
on 3/8/14 11:56 am
VSG on 03/18/14

I am being sleeved on the 18th and am collecting all the stuff I need.  I have vanilla, chocolate, and unflavored protein powders on hand, but I would like to have something fruity to mix with plain greek yogurt when I hit the soft foods stage.  Do you have a protein powder that you like to mix with yogurt? 

LosingSarah
on 3/8/14 12:26 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I mixed in unsweetened applesauce & cinnamon into my plain Greek yogurt.  Another thing I love to make sometimes is a smoothie with: light original soy milk, Greek yogurt, strawberry protein powder (vanilla would work, too), a couple cubes of ice, and a small handful of frozen blueberries - throw it in the Magic Bullet and it is delicious. The yogurt makes the smoothie taste AMAZING!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Don't go too crazy with the supplies. Tastes most definitely change after surgery. Actually, the smoothie recipe came after surgery because I couldn't stomach the powders just made into a regular shake anymore, so this is how I am finishing them off. :)

DesertRose
on 3/8/14 12:30 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

I agree with the previous poster about not going haywire with a bunch of supplies in case your tastes change (mine didn't but a lot of people do have that happen).

On topic, for fruity protein powder, try the Syntrax Nectar flavors.  They have a lemonade flavor that I haven't tried yet but sounds good, and I really like their Fuzzy Navel (peach and orange) and Strawberry Kiwi flavors.

Bufflehead
on 3/8/14 8:01 pm, edited 3/8/14 8:01 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I like to mix some of the fruit-based Syntrax Matrix, Chike, and Jay Robb flavors in with Greek yogurt or with cottage cheese. Syntrax Matrix Bananas & Cream, Orange Cream, or Strawberry Cream; Chike Banana Magic, Strawberry Burst, or Orange Creme; and the Jay Robb Tropical Dreamsicle or Pina Colada. You would definitely want to get samples rather than investing in a whole tub! You can get Syntrax Matrix and Chike samples from Nashua Nutrition:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein -powder-samples-1-serving.html

and Jay Robb samples from their website:

http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/whey-protein-samples.asp

LosingSarah
on 3/9/14 12:45 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

YES! I agree about the samples. I only recently discovered Syntrax. I ordered a dozen different flavor samples and I am SO GLAD I did. I asked for suggestions on flavors last week. Lots of people suggested grapefruit among other flavors, for example, which I thought I'd love. I almost ordered a tub, but decided to order the samples. I would've wasted my money because I actually couldn't finish the grapefruit flavor. 

Chelle40D
on 3/8/14 9:54 pm
VSG on 03/18/14

Thanks everyone.  I have the chocolate and vanilla powders because I have been doing protein based smoothies on and off for the last few years but the fruity ones scared me, even though I do vanilla with fruit often (I'm not a fan of kool-aid, crystal light, etc)!  I will look into the ones mentioned.  I forgot to say that I don't do well with aspartame, but many powders are going away from that so that's good. 

Luvs2Cruise
on 3/8/14 11:12 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I second Syntrax Fuzzy Navel.  I throw a scoop in a 5 ounce container of Greek yogurt.  Hand stir until blended.  Mine is usually very creamy which is how I like it. I stick it in the freezer to get to FROYO consistency and then eat a bit of it at a time throughout the days until it's gone.

Tastes just like a yummy FROYO I used to get at the local shop.   37gr protein.  I also mix GNC's Chocolate Peanut Butter as well as Banana Cream into Greek yogurt. Both flavors in yogurt are delish! 

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

Gwen M.
on 3/9/14 3:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That sounds awesome.  I've got a Zoku slushy cup on its way to me, and I bet this mixture would rock in it.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views