Questions

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/21/14 3:45 pm - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Hey guys,  just a quick question.  My first consultation with my surgeon is coming up and I've written down a few questions to ask at the consult. What are some more good questions that I should ask,  that I may not have thought of?

mickeymantle
on 3/21/14 3:49 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

how many of these surgeries has he done

how many complications

what size sleeve does he make

what is his pre op diet plan

post op food plan

what kind of support will you get post op

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/21/14 5:28 pm - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Ok great! Thank you!

gabby169kitty
on 3/21/14 6:47 pm

I had to go to a seminar before they would schedule a consult and some things came up which I found helpful and wouldn't have thought to ask about later.  One of the things I was impressed with is how my surgeon described how she is continuing to look for new and better ways to do surgery or other new things to help her patients lose weight or reduce incidences of re-admission for dehydration. So, I would encourage people to ask their surgeon about what kind of continuing education they are participating in. Even the most experienced surgeon can learn ways to improve. Ask what and when the last change they've made to their surgical technique and when the last time their pre and post op program was updated. I like to know they and their staff are not satisfied with what works.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views