Surgery tomorrow...surprisingly calm...

gsp8610
on 3/23/14 2:21 am

Surgery tomorrow at 730. Surprisingly calm today. Hhhhmmmm. I'm down 15 pounds since starting the pre op diet. I have tried to think of every reason not to have this surgery this week. I can't think of any. I know deep down inside this is the thing to do. So....here we go!

katier825
on 3/23/14 2:45 am

I was the same way before mine.  I felt as though I was there visiting someone at the hospital, not that I was the patient.  I attributed it to having total confidence in both my decision and my doctor.  You'll do great!!

The_True_KayD
on 3/23/14 2:46 am

I was surprisingly calm before my surgery. I knew it was the right path for me to help me return to health! They were running a bit late so I had to wait in the pre-op room a bit longer. I just relaxed and meditated. I "bed danced" my way into the OR. All I remember is them saying that they are going to give me something to relax me. The next thing I knew I was in recovery! My throat hurt from the tube and i felt like I had done a million sit ups! Once I got home I worked every day to increase what I drank and within a few days I met my water and protein goals. I think that I relaxed and trusted that the discomfort was normal and that I would be fine. It has been the best thing that I have ever done for myself. This journey has definitely resulted in me no longer feeling that I was being held hostage by food! I eat to fuel my body with protein and veggies. I work out regularly. My body and mind are finally in sync. I think healthy foods and my body is getting healthy! You will be fine.   

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Gwen M.
on 3/23/14 2:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You can do it! :D  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

weese
on 3/23/14 3:05 am
VSG on 02/26/14

I just kept the mind set that I was having a mandatory surgery, like gallbladder for instance.  The nervousness set in when they wheeled me into the surgical suite and I saw the operating table.  However if they had given me something to relax me prior to reaching that point I would have been fine.  Quite frankly the time I was nervous was probably less than 5 minutes before they put me out. so all in all....not so bad.

Even if you have some discomfort, nausea etc... post-op you will be so glad you did this a week from now! Good luck and we will be keeping a spot saved for you on the bench!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Kelly Jean
on 3/23/14 3:49 am
VSG on 04/08/14

congratulations !!!!best of luck... 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views