No restriction

Amielea1975
on 4/1/14 4:18 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I never feel restriction.  This worries me and I wonder if it is normal??  Anyone else feel this way?  I measure my food and am eating 4oz of dense protein without any issues and without restriction.  I don't want to screw this up and wonder if my sleeve is too big.  I also haven't lost any weight in the past few weeks...

Lemily
on 4/1/14 5:10 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I feel the same way sometimes. I read on here a lot about how some surgeons purposely make the stomach too small/tight. I figured there would be like a standard size or something that they stomach needed to be in order for people to survive...i know this sounds stupid, so don't be haters :)

But seriously, I can eat most proteins without issue...ground beef, chicken, fish. That being said chicken and tuna fish tend to fill me up more than ground beef or eggs. And that makes me nervous. And, then the next day, i can't eat a thing. This thing is more tempramental than my almost 3 year old ;)  I try to completely avoid or eat less of the things that do not satisfy my hunger, and focus on what fills me up.

Do you feel full afterwards? are you taking your time eating? It sounds like if you are getting in the 4 ounces, your stomach is "new full", and you are not getting sick, you are doing well. It means that you are taking your time and getting in everything you are supposed to. IF you are nervous, definitely call your surgeon.

Amielea1975
on 4/1/14 5:34 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I am eating slowly and have never gotten sick.  I can eat any type of protein without issues.  As far as I can tell, nothing changes from day to day.  I do have some hunger lately and that is new.  When I am hungry, protein seems to satisfy me.  I don't feel full after I eat, but I don't feel hingry either.  Worried I have gone through a major surgery and will screw this up again over portion control. 

Lemily
on 4/1/14 6:03 am
VSG on 01/16/14

The good part is you knowing whether your stomach isn't full-full or hungry-hungry. It means, from your stomach's point of view, its satisfied. That hard part is to get your head around the fact of what to do when you aren't full-full but you aren't hungry-hungry. The pre-op me would gorge until i felt the fullness. The new me knows that one more bite will definitely make me throw up. I can honestly say in the past 11 weeks, I have not eaten to the point of throwing up and have actually listened to my stomach.  I know when done is done and i dont put anything else in. It's so hard, this isnt easy, but i get up throw it out and go try to occupy myself in some other form. I do weigh my food and put nothing else on my plate until that protein is done. and then, if there's room, or i know im not satisfied will go with the veggies.

I had/have a huge portion control issues, so I am right there with you. As everyone stated too, as long as you watch, measure, count, weigh...and you are aware of what's going in, you should be ok. Time will tell, and then you make adjustments along the way!

G5x5
on 4/1/14 5:29 am - VA

If you measure your food, drink lots of water (properly), and "under eat your sleeve" as recommended by Frisco, you may never really feel restricted.

I did (and still do) all the above, and I only ever felt the restriction a couple of times during the weight loss phase.  However, I also never really felt hungry either.  It's all part of how I learned to listen to my stomach better.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Scott S.
on 4/1/14 5:38 am - TX

Ditto.  Under eating your sleeve is not a bad thing.  

As far as your weight, there could be other factors.... water, sodium, exercise....

As long as you are not feeling hungry, you should be in good shape.

Scott

VSG: 8/8/13 

Most Active