I'm doing a happy dance. Found a VSG friendly and healthy substitute.

gabby169kitty
on 4/12/14 12:15 pm

One of the things I love about breakfast is sausage. We all know how high fat they are. Well, on my trip into Pinterest land I found a recipe for chicken sausage that doesn't have weird stuff in it, just ground chicken and normal sausage spices. I'm not going to wait until after surgery to make this and tweak the recipe. Grinding my own chicken would make this cheap to make too.  chicken sausage   I could even puree it to eat during the pureed stage. yummmmmmmm  Tuesday is payday and I'll be getting the ingredients.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

Mary Gee
on 4/13/14 5:39 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

That looks delicious...I'm definitely going to try these.

Thanks for posting the link.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

gabby169kitty
on 4/13/14 5:54 am

I've seen so many recipes, which look good, with sausage in them, this would make them healthy!!  I'm thinking half chicken breast and half dark meat would help with the dryness 100% chicken breast can have.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/13/14 7:28 am
RNY on 08/05/19

There are lots of really good kinds of chicken sausage at Trader Joe's and places like Whole Foods, Sunflower Market, etc. I've been hooked on one lately that has feta cheese and spinach in it, yummy! I'll just put a piece on our George Foreman grill and brown it up and it makes a great supper.

I'd also recommend the Morningstar Farms breakfast "sausage." I was also really skeptical about any of the meatless-meat products, but the sausage patties are actually really good! They put enough spice in it that you can't tell it's not actually pork. 1 patty is 80 calories, 3g fat, and 10g protein.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views