One week post plastics

ravenbrown
on 5/1/14 1:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Sooooo, last Thursday I was in surgery for 8 hours getting a lower body lift, breast lift and breast augmentation.  Holy cow, that's a lot of hours :)  I was actually a lot calmer about these surgeries than the sleeve, probably because before the sleeve I'd never had surgery other than oral surgery.  I ended up sending a few nonsensical PMs to some of my friends, including one where I randomly brought up NASA and ended the message with "RBB...RRR."  Classic.  I was in a lot of pain, I could barely lift my arms, I couldn't move without a lot of pain, I was in love with my pain pump.  As the hours progressed, I felt slightly better and more aware.  I wanted to get up (who the hell knows why), but they wouldn't let me until they removed the catheter.  Once that was removed, I was all gung ho about getting up and moving.  The nurse told me she'd never seen anyone have as many surgeries as me and actually want to get up.  Hahahah.  Obviously she doesn't know me at all. 

Anyways, no matter that everyone told me this would be painful and the recovery would be much longer than the sleeve recovery, I actually don't think I realized how much pain I'd be in.  I've been a little depressed because I'm so grossly swollen (that is finally started to calm down, I'm a super sweller by which I mean that EVERYTHING swells on me - I didn't even look like myself until yesterday because my face was so swollen).  And basically not being able to do anything is a downer, but I turned a corner yesterday where I was able to shower with zero help and shave my legs.  I was very disturbed having grossly swollen legs that were hairy too.  It's amazing the weird stuff you focus on :)

I am basically Frankenbarbie right now.  My lift ended up just being a mini lift to adjust my aureole/nipple placement, so I only have incisions around my aureoles on my breasts.  They are so swollen right now, even my sternum is swollen.  They are TOO big, but I've heard that's a good thing because if I was happy with them now, I wouldn't be happy with the final results.  I have major numbness in my incision line for the LBL, and laughing/coughing still hurts a lot but not as bad as it did two days ago.  I don't think anything (childbirth, kidney stones, breaking a bone) hurt as bad as choking a couple days after a TT.  I cannot stress that enough.  It's AWFUL.  My stomach is flat.  Totally flat.  My belly button, while scabby and weird, is amazing.  My lady bits look fantastic.  On Monday after I went for my first post-op with my husband, I got to take a shower.  When my husband was handing me my towel, his jaw dropped open.  I asked him what was wrong, and he said that I looked amazing and my body was fantastic - scary incision lines, crusty blood, swelling, etc.  He also told me I'm no longer allowed to go out without him - no more New Orleans girls weekends, no more drunken debauchery in downtown Austin with my bestie.  Hahahaha.  I've never really seen him jealous.  It's kind of adorable, and totally a high. 

Once my drains get pulled (which I think will be Monday), I'll take some photos and do before & afters.  I'm thrilled with the way my breasts look.  I can wait for the swelling to resolve so they aren't like personal watermelons, but even with their crazy size and incision lines right now - they really look amazing.  That's my update :)  Happy Thursday (first day back to work for me).

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/14 2:05 am

Yes, the first week is hell.  It does get better every week and will take at least six weeks before you feel completely human.  It is still totally worth it.  If you think your husband likes it now...just wait.  :)  

Good to hear that you are doing better, keep us posted. Hugs.

ravenbrown
on 5/1/14 2:32 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you!  I can't wait to see the final results :)  I also can't wait to get back to they gym, but I know that's a long way away. 

Sandy M.
on 5/1/14 2:10 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Wowza, that's a lot of surgeries for one day!  Good for you on getting it all done at one time!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

ravenbrown
on 5/1/14 2:33 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm going to get an inner thigh lift later this year or early next year.  It depends on how much I really want to subject my body, my life and my family to another surgery this year :)  It was pretty awful in the hospital, and I definitely second guessed doing so much at once, but now I'm back to being glad I did. 

Stacy_WLS
on 5/1/14 2:37 am

Oh amazing!  Thank you for sharing the update.  Those are the surgeries that I want to do together.  Where / Who did it for you?  

I hope you keep feeling better & better :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

ravenbrown
on 5/1/14 2:41 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I had them done by Dr. Holzman at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.  Everyone was super nice there, and the anesthesiology team was the same team who did my sleeve surgery (and they were all lovely). 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/1/14 2:44 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Was waiting for you to surface!!! So glad it went well for you, can't wait to see the pictures. I am five weeks out now and feeling pretty normal so it goes fast and you will be thrilled with the final results I am sure! Go Deena!!!! I am cheering for you!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ravenbrown
on 5/1/14 2:52 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I think I was spending some time feeling sorry for myself. I'm really not good with feeling helpless or needing help in general :)  I'm so lucky to have a husband who is so caring and kind, and a mom who is the same and lives so close.  I'm so glad I'm feeling more like me.  :)  I kept thinking, "Why can't I be like Julia?!  Wasn't she totally fine afterwards?!"  Hahahah. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/1/14 4:25 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Your surgery was double the time mine was...and I am somehow lucky there was no blood or oozing or any scabs at all on my incisions. My drains (4) were yanked on day 4 and I was in the hospital for 4 days so it makes a big difference I think having nurses all over you and everything done. Still week one was painful and uncomfortable at best. Laughing, coughing and sneezing....oy...I still shudder at the memory. You will be perfectly fine in no time!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views