Any Jan 2014 Surgerie****ting a lull?

Christinann
on 5/15/14 11:14 am

My surgery was on January 31st and my weight loss has been hovering around the same weight for several days .   I'm thinking of staying off the scale for a week or two.

wendyjoan
on 5/21/14 12:38 am

I had my surgery about a week after you and I have been gaining and losing the same pound for three weeks.  Doesn't matter what I do--increase water, walk more--I am just hovering.  So, I am glad to hear I am not alone.  Also, I am trying very hard to stay off the scale and wait it out.  The funny thing is that during this time where I have not lost any weight by the scale, I have been able to move from my size 18w jeans to 16w jeans--so even though I am not seeing it on the scale, clearly my body is shrinking!  I seem to lose a couple pounds at a time and then my body adjusts for a while until the next loss. This has been such a strange and wonderful journey, and I remind myself that as long as I keep following the program, I will get where I want to be.  It is not going to happen overnight no matter how much I want it to!  For the most part, I feel fantastic--and I try not to let the scale stalls mess with my head (easier said than done!)  My sister, who had VSG, about 11 months ago, has had a similar experience.  I think her longest "stall" was six weeks, and she goes to the gym 4 or 5 days per week! She did begin to lose again, only to break her foot and have to be out of the gym for a number of weeks.  That set off a lot of panic and worry about backsliding, but she got through it all, lost a little more weight, and is back to working out.  It is definitely a journey, and we are in it for the long haul! My mom had gastric bypass 2 1/2 years ago, lost 100 lbs. and has maintained it.  I feel fortunate that I have my mom and my sister to draw on for support and inspiration!  

Lemily
on 5/21/14 12:49 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Same thing here. I weighed in Monday morning, and refuse to weigh in again until at least next monday. I had my husband hide the scale :)

MamaJesse
on 5/21/14 12:49 am

My surgery was 1/20 and I've been in a stall for two weeks now.  And my hair is falling out at an incredible rate.  And my PMS is horrendous (with periods lasting two weeks, coming three weeks apart - fun).  This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.  I just keep doing the same things I've been doing.  Walking, weights, water, eating properly, trying to get more sleep.  Eventually this stubborn weight will come off and I'll stop going bald.  And my periods will stop being insane.  

Lemily
on 5/21/14 12:54 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I keep saying, if I am going to lose my hair, why not just stop growing my leg hair so i dont have to shave LOL. why take it from my head?

My PMS and mood changes have been horrible. My period, knock on wood, has been consistent post surgery - something that i never had before. And, this is with having PCOS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 121 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 354 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views