Any Jan 2014 Surgerie****ting a lull?

Lemily
on 5/15/14 2:32 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I'm almost 4 months out exactly. I was losing at a steady pace. Past 2 weeks up and down 1 pound range. Nothing has changed in my routine. Anyone else experience this? I know my body can be adjusting, I could be a stair-step loser. Either way it's still frustrating LOL. Is there anyone else at 4 months experiencing this?

I will put the scale away, I will stay on plan, which I usually am 100% compliant. I got to the Nutrionist tomorrow for an update appointment...and this time I will have her take my measurements.

This is not a pity party I promise. I know it will break, I am just the most impatient person in the world. I thank you all in advance for all of your support and Im not expecting responses. It's just nice to know I can vent and let go to these emotions to a wonderful community who understands.

luvmypuggies
on 5/15/14 2:40 am

Yes! I'm seeing the same thing, and my surgery date was 1/9 so very close to yours.  My strategy is to make sure to enter everything I eat/drink in my LoseIt app and really watch the carbs, but I suspect it's just a lull as you said.  I've been a slow stair-step type of loser anyway so it gets a little frustrating, but if I stick to my plan then I have faith that the pounds will continue to come off.  Hang in there! :)

Lemily
on 5/15/14 2:45 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks for your response :) I just need validation from someone else in order to keep me motivated. My husband is an awesome support system, but even though he just said the same thing to me...I dont trust him as much as I trust you LOL.

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 3:36 am - Canada

My surgery was Dec 23/ 13.  I've lost one pound this month.  Well it was three but I gained two back lol.  I'm just hanging out at 173.3 right now.  I've done this all along...lose for awhile, sit for awhile.  It all catches up in the end.

In my experience, when the scale stops the inches lost picks up.  I'd happily be 300 lbs if I could be a size 8 lol.  Be patient it is happening ;)

Lemily
on 5/15/14 3:40 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks so much. I have been following your posts everyday! And i agree with your statement LOL...as long as i didnt have roll #1, #2, and #3 I'll take 300 pounds with no muffin top LOL.

My issue is over the past few days...Im hungry. And its not head hunger either and water does not make it go away. So this is when i start getting nervous again. I am paranoid about everything (not clinical though), so of course now I will obsess about every ounce on the scale.

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 3:44 am - Canada

I just went through raging b*tch hormones for the last week.  Poor hubby.  This is the first time in forever I have felt like I was PMSing.  I was craving chocolate and salt.  Remember that when the cravings come and nothing satisfies...we are still women lol.  It's only a week of your life that you have to be extra strong.  Maybe this is when our body starts returning to normal??? If so I'd like my hair to stop falling out too lol

Lemily
on 5/15/14 3:52 am
VSG on 01/16/14

it is definitely that two week in between time that's killing me. Guess you and I are on the same cycle LOL. I will give you my cell phone number so that we can talk that week and get the chocolate out of each other's hands LOL.
And a big fat DITTO on the hair. That just started. It's awful. I am taking 1000mcg of biotin daily and I use the biotin shampoo and conditioner - i try not to use it often because it has that medicated smell. A guy at work uses stuff called Mane and tail. It's for horses but they sell it in walmart and he has a great head of hair LOL. Im thinking about taking prenatal vitamins - whatever was in those vitamins helped my nails and my hair while i was pregnant - i think it was the folic acid.

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 4:12 am - Canada

My clinic put me on the pre-natal vits.  I don't think there really is anything to do with the hair, it's a process that your body goes through and I don't believe there is any way to control it.  Others may disagree.  

I have no idea what my cycle is lol...I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago and am peri-menopausal.  I have no clue on any given day if I'm going to burn up with a hot flash or my head is going to turn completely around because I'm possessed by something evil.  The only time I can tell it is a "period" type cycle is when I start snapping at my hubby.  I'm not a snappy person lol.

merwyns
on 5/15/14 6:54 am
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Mine was 1/14 so almost exactly the same time as yours.  This past week and a half I've been bouncing up and down in the same 1-1.5 lb range.  It's annoying but I know that it won't be forever.  I'm so glad that I'm not the only one at this stage :-)

Lemily
on 5/15/14 7:06 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Not that its a good thing...but its reassuring that I am not alone LOL. Thank you for letting me know. I will stop obsessing now :)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views