Fourth day freakout

EverydayDiva
on 5/26/14 2:18 am

So, four days post op and I'm looking very forward to full liquids. I've got my new, cute teeny tiny measuring cup bought just for the occasion and am dutifully measuring out my four ounces at each 'meal'  (creamed soup, skim milk, thin yogurt) and adding my half scoop of protein powder. And each time I'm dismayed by how much protein powder there is to the liquid - it won't absorb! It's all is so thick and gross tasting! And how on earth can someone make such a tiny amount of sludge last 20-30 minutes? I can't take sips tiny enough!  

By 8:00 last night I was starving, in tears, regretting my decision to have surgery, thinking I'll never ever be able to do this. I thought I'd try one more time. My new measuring cup was in the dishwasher, so I got out the old one and poured four ounces - it was a massive amount more!  So I checked the new measuring cup. It holds four TABLESPOONS. not ounces. LOL. No wonder.

Feeling much better today.  Have a great day, everyone.

VSG Surgery Date 05/21/14      

rumpole6
on 5/26/14 2:43 am

Great Story. thanks a lot and congratulations!

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

jillb
on 5/26/14 3:27 am

Hi, It does get easier in some ways over time.  Your very lucky my surgeon keeps you on clear liquids after surgery for two weeks.  My first check-up I lost 28 lbs but has been slow since which is good so the skin can keep up wit the weight losses.  I feel hungry a lot simply because we eat such a small amount at a sitting so this is life from now on. I am 4 months out and have lost 42 lbs and want to  lose at least 30 more, so it will happen but be patient.  Jill

Amber G.
on 5/26/14 4:51 am, edited 5/26/14 4:53 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hey Everyday! The 1st 2 weeks are tough! Its a major adjustment. Just know that is will get better with each day :) Its not permanent.  If you run into the issue of that protein is not mixing well again, it maybe time to try a different brand or try using a little less the a full scoop (not sure how much you are putting in). I did like the Unjury chicken broth protein in the beginning and its seem a lot of others did too. But I got most of my protein from the shakes, and that is up until today (almost 8 weeks out). Honestly, with you only being 4 days post op, I would mainly focus on staying hydrated. Protein will come along soon. Try doing your "creamed soup, skim milk, thin yogurt" with out protein if it gets too think or clumpy, and try to add in a shake that you like. Things will get better soon! 

Kelly Jean
on 5/26/14 4:58 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Lol very funny story ... sound so yucky to eat lol.....  it will get better I promise... great things ahead remember that !!!!

Jordan B.
on 6/3/14 9:46 am

My surgery date is tomorrow- so I am nervously wandering through OH. Thanks for the post! It made me smile~

HW 345 (01.2014)  SW 324 M1: 21 lbs m2: 14 lbs m3: 10 lbs m4: 15 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 250 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 318 views