Standing on Solid Ground Finally- " I think"

LakeErieGirl
on 6/3/14 2:39 am
VSG on 06/17/14

Well, I going to jump right in for my first post and say I owe many of YOU a HUGE THANK YOU! I have lurked here since my seminar back in December. Its about time that I came out of hiding! 

I have read and reread numerous posts. I have learned so much over the last few months. I feel like I know "who the vets are" and really hope I can live by the advice that YOU shared. Even if you are a new to the forum, I have read your post too, I am sure! I honestly feel like I am standing on solid ground at the moment walking into this surgery. ( Now, ask me in a few weeks on June 17 - it might be different! )

I never thought I would ever get to this day. I started my Pre-op New Life ( I am not going to say D- I-E- T) today. I am so ready for this. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't even know that my paper work was submitted when it did go to insurance so when I got the phone call that I was approved, it was out of the blue. I was shocked. I was standing in the library ready to cry!

At first, I didn't even know if I was going to ever make it here at times. Some days, it seemed like the process was long. My insurance Anthem PPO didn't really have a anything that I had to do, however the Cleveland Clinic is so back logged, it took a long time. I knew the surgeon I wanted because my mom went to him a few years ago for RNY.I liked him from the start, but back then I didn't even know that I was ready for surgery!

The only people that know about my upcoming surgery are my husband and my oldest sons and my therapists. I am ready and I the ground is solid! June 17 is right around the corner, so I will be ready.

I want to be able to come back a year from now and read this post and say, YOU KNOW I was ready for this. I want to be one of the ones that can say " I ROCK MY SLEEVE!" LOL.

I look forward to learning more. Thank you again!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/14 3:39 am

Welcome to our strange little corner of the Internet.  We are mostly a friendly group and I hope you find what you need here to help you on this journey.  Good luck to you.

Colleen O.
on 6/3/14 3:44 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Hi LakeErieGirl!  I am going to assume with your screenname and hospital that you are in/around the Cleveland area?  I am but I had my VSG at UH.  I've heard great things about the surgeons at CC.  I'm sure you will be well cared for and a great success!  Good luck!!

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/14 5:29 am - Canada

Welcome! I wish you all the success in the world...you WILL rock your sleeve!

God bless, michelle

A. Kondrlik
on 6/3/14 9:19 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I had my sleeve done by Dr. Schauer at the Cleveland Clinic a year ago January and couldn't be happier with how things went.  You have made a good choice of programs.  Where do you live?  I live south of Erie PA, so I have a 2 1/2 hour drive to the clinic.  My oldest daughter teaches at Case so I visit her when I have appointments.  The day of my surgery my hubby and I drove there in a horrible blizzard!

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

pineview01
on 6/3/14 11:31 am - Davison, MI

Isn't so much less stressful when presents drop in your lap?  Congratulations and welcome.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kelly Jean
on 6/3/14 10:52 pm, edited 6/3/14 10:52 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Welcome I'm only 2 months out and I can say for sure that I have learned so much from this site.... congrats on your date!! Best of luck and a very speedy recovery! !!:-)

LakeErieGirl
on 6/3/14 11:12 pm
VSG on 06/17/14

Thank you everyone for the welcome! I see there are some people from my area. I actually live near Mentor so I am about 40 mins from Cleveland. I know what it was like driving in the  blizzard weather to appointments! LOL.

One of my appointments, actually the very first one with the nurse, I had to take my 8 year old! He was called off school and I was not about to miss the appointment. That was a day when almost every school in Ohio was called off. I just apologized for bringing him, however they understood because they even said they were impressed that I didn't miss the appointment! It was important to me. I just made sure he was occupied with his DS. LOL. He is a great kid and I bribed him a little bit. HA. Sometimes, we all have to do, what we have to do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views