This is it...Final Count Down

LakeErieGirl
on 6/16/14 12:50 am
VSG on 06/17/14

Well, I never thought I would get here. Tomorrow is THE DAY! I have anticipated this day for so long. Right now, I am not sure exactly how I feel. I have so many lists I have going! I just have a few last minute errands that I want to run and then I am done. I want to pick up some ISOPURE ( YUCK) but I am looking at it as true nutrition and liquid for me. I have to. I can't stand the stuff, but I know early out I will need it.

Also, I have never made a living will, etc. I got the papers from hospital so I am stopping by the notary at the bank. Its strange because I never worried when I had my boys about having all that type of stuff filled out. I guess I was just naive thinking things would be perfect! I even wrote letters to my boys, husband, mom, and " my girls"(AKA group of best friends). I wrote all of them before I had my last C-Section too thinking that if something happened, I wanted them to know how I felt about them. Its hard writing the letters, but its something I feel I need to do.

I just want to come home today and have a nice evening with my family. I want to enjoy the night with my boys and husband. My youngest who is 8 asked if we could play board games tonight again. He loves playing with his his older brothers when they are in town! I figure that will help me keep my mind off of things, plus it creates memories for all of us.

Now, mind you when I get home today...the REAL FUN STARTS! HA! THE AWFUL DRINK!!!!!

I know some of you did not have to drink that gross stuff. I do have to do the bowel prep starting at 5:00! I cannot have anything today but clear liquids then tonight at 5:00 drink the gross stuff. I have never had to do this so I don't even know what to expect. UGH.

Mine is prescription stuff. I have no idea what it tastes like or anything. I am very funny about texture, smell and stuff so I am not looking forward to it. I figure I will be guzzling!

Any tips for this or tomorrow? I know some of you have been losing weight like crazy sooooooo you should have some more room on the bench for a few more! I know there are a few of us having surgery tomorrow! I'm headed your way so save me a seat!

Can't wait to be on the other side!

civilmomma
on 6/16/14 1:08 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Good Luck Tomorrow!  Pretty soon you will be well on your way to a healthier life!

I wrote "If I Die" letters to my kids and husband too.  I don't think I slept at all the night before my surgery.  I was too busy getting everything in order to relax.

hope the bowel prep isn't too intense!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Dreamingofbeaches
on 6/16/14 2:03 am
with

Enjoy your day with your family! Best wishes for a smooth surgery tomorrow and rapid recovery!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

jobe05
on 6/16/14 2:04 am

Good luck tomorrow!  I know everything is going to work out just fine and you won't need those letters, but for the heck of it, I would mail them out anyways..........  Why wait till your gone to tell people how you feel about them.........  Tell them everyday!

TeressaJ
on 6/16/14 5:19 am

I will be having my vsg on June 25 and feeling a lot nervous! I have begun my lists as well! Good luck!

TeressaJ
on 6/16/14 5:23 am
TeressaJ
on 6/16/14 5:23 am
Colleen O.
on 6/16/14 5:32 am
VSG on 04/09/14

My only advice is to stay positive.  Think happy thoughts.  Force yourself to smile if you have to but keep smiling.  I felt calm and relaxed as long as I was smiling (and I had a nice 4 hour wait before being called back for surgery).  Being positive also helps those around you feel better.  I was able to joke around with my family and the nurses/doctors/hospital staff before surgery and have some great memories.

You are going to do great! 

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

sdkitty
on 6/16/14 1:49 pm

Ahh! I go tomorrow too and I can't sleep :/ I hope everything goes well :)

Kelly Jean
on 6/16/14 1:57 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Wooooo hoooooo almost here ... it is very exciting and very scary ... try your best to get some sleep and just rest ... your in my thought and prayers for a very speedy recovery and before you know it you will be home and sitting on the loosers bench with the rest of us.... you got this.... keep us posted ... Talk to you soon {{{ hugs}}}

♡Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views