On the other side!

Allison L.
on 6/29/14 3:04 pm - Berkeley, CA

Hi everyone! On June 25, 2014, I had Lap-Band revision to Gastric Sleeve. I'm happy to be on the other side and to be here with you all. Recent sleevers, how are you doing? I look forward to being a support for one another.

Rediclean
on 6/30/14 11:11 am

Hi  how is your recovery? Is there a big difference from the band to sleeve recovery? How long did it take for insurance approval? 

Kelly Jean
on 6/30/14 11:37 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congrats Allison on your revision !!! Best of luck!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Allison L.
on 6/30/14 12:46 pm - Berkeley, CA

Thanks for your responses! I would definitely say the sleeve recovery is harder, but I'm also thinking that might be because I was a revision, and because I had slightly high blood loss during the procedure. I felt great today ... until I didn't, and then I got fatigued and nauseous, and now it's a quarter to eight and I may well just be friends with my pillow from here on out. :)

Insurance approval was quicker than I expected. I have Blue Shield (switching to United Healthcare as of tomorrow per my husband's company -- but I got the approval and the procedure under Blue Shield). I'd say it was about two weeks to a month between when my surgeon petitioned them to approve and actual approval. The process itself was fast, very fast. I'm glad to be on the other side. Tired, but glad.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 352 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 401 views