Pics & Progress 2 1/2 years later

Britt_Bearpaw
on 7/2/14 1:42 pm

h

I loved seeing the pictures most of all when I first started this incredible journey. I haven't posted in a long time, however I still read the postings weekly. February 12th 2012 I had my sleeve. I was 462 preop and 438 on the day of surgery. Today I am 208. My heaviest was while pregnant in 2008 and I was 545 pounds. I have gone from a tight size 6x to a loose 18 and I even fit into a size Large dress today! I used to have to order clothes online & they were very unflattering. I couldn't climb stairs without stopping and I couldn't run and play with my toddlers. Now, I can slide down the slides with them & hold them on my lap on a swing. There is no fear of breaking furniture, toilet seats, or getting stuck in a booth. I have bad days. I beat myself up sometimes. I switched to a new birth control pill and ever since then I have been breaking out & have gone up about 6 pounds. So close to that starting with a 1 yet so far! I will get there though, no worries. I have complete faith in my sleeve & in myself. Although I do feel bad about myself from time to time-I have found a love for myself that I have never felt before. I carry myself with grace and dignity. No longer will I allow myself to feel 'less than' or unworthy. It is a mental game and I go to counseling to battle those lingering emotions. I still have a ways to go, but I am very proud of how far I have come. The sleeve is the best thing I have ever done for myself. 

csbsteph
on 7/2/14 3:08 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

You look beautiful & amazing & WOW you've really lost a lot of weight & gained so much more confidence & inner peace...I'm feeling more positive about myself these days too which is weird because I've been smaller than this before but I just feel so much better now & more confident too, I'm guessing my age (40) is also finally allowing me to have this confidence too.  Congratulations on a journey well done & for being an inspiration with your beautiful pics.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Amber G.
on 7/2/14 3:21 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

Absolutely amazing! You have done such a great job, and are a major inspirations! Congrats!! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/14 3:24 pm

I have the utmost respect for what you have been able to accomplish. You are a role model for all of us. You are the real deal!

Congratulations on your journey! I think you are nothing short of awesome!!!!!!

ThinLizzy
on 7/2/14 3:46 pm

You are most certainly a role model for all of us. Wow! Keep it up--you're amazing!

Lizanne

TexasTerritory
on 7/2/14 4:19 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Wow! Impressed!

Newme661
on 7/2/14 4:47 pm

Congrats!! You look wonderful.

Kelly Jean
on 7/2/14 6:55 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Wow you look fabulous !!!:congrats on your success!!!:-)

♡ Kelly

happyteacher
on 7/2/14 9:12 pm

What an inspiring improvement!  Careful with the birth control- there are occasionally other posts about people starting and it triggering weight gains- suspecting hormonal issues.  Don't beat yourself up on a  bad day.  It just doesn't do anything positive for you.  Instead, use that energy to make a small positive change :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ambrosia79
on 7/2/14 9:58 pm - PA

Wow!  What a fabulous job you have done!  Keep up the great work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views