stupid annoying relatives

sillymilly
on 7/10/14 3:45 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I just want to vent a little.  Some of my family got together earlier this week (I wasn't there) and one of my sisters decided that she was going to tell me that people were talking about me.  Apparently one of my aunts is really bothered by the fact that I put up pictures of food or recipes on my facebook pages.  She seems to think that I obsess over food and she "really hopes I'm not eating all that stuff and get fat again".  

1.  I only post pictures/recipes occasionally on my personal FB page.  As in less than once a month.  And they're all just me sharing an especially tasty and healthy meal that I've found.

2.  I was ****il a couple weeks ago) a Pampered Chef consultant, so I had a FB page for that where I regularly shared recipes of food I've made for shows and lots of baking that I've done for my church coffee hour.  It's business.  I did not make all those danishes and then wolf them all down myself.

3.  She doesn't need to talk about me.  If she does talk about me, I don't need anyone else to tell me about it.  Ignorance is bliss, after all.

But now that I know what she said, I just want to say something mean to her.  There's a little cartoon devil on my shoulder poking me with a pitchfork, telling me I should call her and ask how she's doing on her latest fad diet. 

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Gwen M.
on 7/10/14 4:02 am, edited 7/10/14 4:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Haters gonna hate. The best revenge is a life well lived :)

I would be questioning my sister's need for drama. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

grayC
on 7/10/14 5:15 am
VSG on 05/01/13

^^^^^ YES YES YES!!!

what Gwen said!!!!

diane S.
on 7/10/14 4:25 am

i bet this person is overweight.  and you are not.  thats your reward.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

grayC
on 7/10/14 5:22 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I'm a passive/aggressive personality

Id be posting random "oh man I can't believe I ate that sundae..candy, chips"

whatever's your bag..or something cryptic that she'll read into you struggling..

you really could have a lot of fun with that!!

I posted a yummy egg biscuit bake and my cousin had the nerve to post 

"that doesn't look. Like diet food to me"

i posed back..."I got growing boys to feed" 

but really!! Mind your own business..I normally post recipes on the off chance I'll make it

cause we all know finding a recipe again after a couple days is IMPOSSIBLE on FB!!

DiaMon
on 7/10/14 8:32 am, edited 7/10/14 8:33 am
VSG on 03/12/14

Hence why I keep my relatives in their own little special group on FB, I post to general friends and have it custom made that my extended family does not see my posts. A while ago I got tired of their conniving little ass*s, always making things up about random posts and making up stories from a simple phrase from I song. Since they will have a bigger fit if I unfriend or block them I just keep them blind to my posts. On another note I stopped adding other relatives too. It sucks having an unsupportive extended family and that's also why they don't know about my surgery, and will never hear from it ever. Though of course they have started to ponder how in the world have I lost so much weight, but the less they know, the better. (= I feel you, don't stress it, just use this info to know your peeps.

Surgery Date: 3•12•14 HW:264 SW:240 // GOAL WEIGHT 160 lbs REACHED on 08/24/14 REVISED GOAL: 140 

REVISED GOAL REACHED: 01/12/2015 CURRENT WEIGHT: 135 (=

Kelly Jean
on 7/10/14 10:54 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Exactly what Gwen said!!!!! Why would your sister tell you something that she knew would hurt and upset you like that!!!! I'm so sorry that you got hurt!!! That was unfair... take out a before and after pic.... and just have a good laugh on them all!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly