Dehydration

grandma_tammy53
on 7/23/14 12:02 am

I'm feeling like I may have some signs of dehydration, but I'm not sure.  I'm 8 weeks post op and have regularly been drinking about 76 oz of fluids per day.  My urine is always very light yellow to almost clear but yesterday and today I'm experiencing a headache, lightheadedness, some nausea.  Is it possible that I'm dehydrated or just not feeling well?  I'll definitely call my doctor's office but just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

G5x5
on 7/23/14 5:33 am - VA

Probably not dehydration if your urine is reasonably clear.  In fact, at 76oz I'm surprised it's not all the way clear.  I'm actually wondering if you aren't finding it clear most of the day and light yellow only at certain times, like in the morning.  However, with a "light yellow" description that sounds like sufficient hydration.

Caffeine and blood pressure come to mind.  If your blood pressure has dropped because you are on the same meds as always, but have dropped a bunch of weight, you'll get all those issues.  Caffeine might not cause all of that, but could contribute to this depending on what your status is regarding coffee or whatever.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/14 11:35 am - Canada

I second having your blood pressure checked.  I had normal blood pressure, no meds, before surgery and after have had really low blood pressure fairly consistently.  100/55 on average.  It makes me dizzy when I stand up mostly...but the lower it goes I also feel dizzy when walking or sitting.  Something that is easy to check anyway.

Kelly Jean
on 7/23/14 10:42 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Michelle I also went from high blood pressure to very low 100 / 60 ish also and Boy do  I feel it sometimes.. when I go to stand up to quick the whole room spins I feel like I'm going to pass out or fall... what are you doing for it???  

♡Kelly

grandma_tammy53
on 7/24/14 3:26 am

I did go and see my general doctor who didn't think it was anything to be concerned about.  She noticed a mild dehydration and wants me to up my fluids a little more...[wha?]  I'm actually feeling a bit better today so I'm thinking it was a mild bug of some sort and am getting passed it.  My blood pressure was the same as its been so that wasn't it.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views