Anxiously Awaiting Approval!

scarletred
on 8/7/14 3:33 pm
VSG on 10/07/14

So I've completed all of my bloodwork, psychological evaluation, got clearance from my pcp for surgery, and now I play the waiting game. I'm hoping to get approved and have my surgery in the next couple of months but now that it's in the insurance company's hands, I'm panicking. It's getting real!! It's all I can think about because at 40 years old, having been obese for my entire adult life, I'm hoping to really start living! I'm just scared that I won't get approved for some reason and I will have gotten my hopes up for nothing! Ok enough venting.

What should I be doing now, in preparation for possible approval? I'm already cutting back drastically on carbs  and sugars, and drinking lots and lots of water. What more should I be doing? I have to do SOMETHING to get my mind off of the waiting! :)

~Yolanda                                                        HW316 ConsultW293 SW275 CW234 GW150

M1-22 M2-7 M3-XX M4-XX M5-XX M6-XX M7-XX M8-XX M9-XX M10-XX M11-XX M12-XX

pharmagirl_45
on 8/8/14 12:49 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Just relax.  You will get approved!  You can start trying to eat and not drink at the same time.  Wait 30 minutes before you eat if you are drinking fluids.

Good luck and keep us posted!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Lmo2291
on 8/8/14 1:06 am

Hey There! I'm anxiously waiting approval from insurance as well. I pretty much have been sitting staring at my phone since they submitted my paperwork. I'm afraid to start any sort of preparation because I don't want to jinx anything. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!

Amy M.
on 8/8/14 1:17 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Relax and hang in there! While I was going through the beginning steps what I did to prepare myself was to cut out all caffeine, alcohol, and diet soda.  I basically live off of Crystal Light and protein shakes (especially now that I'm 9 days post op).  I also got myself a nice pair of running shoes and made myself walk 3 times a day to get used to all the walking I was going to have to do after surgery.  Also, if you haven't already started this, measure, weigh, and log everything you eat and drink.  Make a calorie and protein goal and hit that goal every day.

Other than that there really isn't much to do except wait and relax.  Good Luck!

jessica1371
on 8/8/14 1:35 am - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

It will come sooner than you realize!! I had all my evals done and submitted to insurance on 7/30/14... BCBS of IL said it takes anywhere from 21-30 days for approval, but they said they usually have an answer in about 2 weeks.... I was on pins and needles (even though I know i would be approved) I found out yesterday I was approved. ( I called them..hee hee) Anyways it was only 8 days to get approval. 

I am now waiting for my surgeons office to call and schedule... UGH!! 

In the mean time I have been logging in My Fitness Pal app, I put my self on a 1800 cal intake.. cause I was almost triple that before :( .... I stopped drinking soda back in January and purchased an exercise bike! Cause in the off chance I wasn't approved, I STILL Needed to make a change!!

Good luck!!!

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views