Not drinking while you eat

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 8/13/14 12:12 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Easiest part for me. I never drank with meals to begin with. Really it's what you are used to or can get used to. It's not that hard. Just practice and you will see. A small sip is not a big deal but a glass of water with your meal will just make you uncomfortable at best and pain or reflux at worst. Plus the possibilities of flushing food out of your stomach and making you able to and want to eat more frequently thereby consuming more calories than your plan allows.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Tracy D.
on 8/13/14 2:03 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Do a search on here for "pyloric valve" and read Frisco's description.   Besides the fact tha****er with food pushes it out of the stomach sooner, it overfills the stomach and will make you super uncomfortable.  Even now, if I try and drink something within less than 30 minutes of a meal, I get VERY uncomfortable.  

It will become second nature - promise!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views