CLEAR - Now the wait!

BurberryPlaid
on 8/13/14 12:18 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I was just cleared by my NUT and the internist at my Weight & Wellness Center so everything is being submitted to insurance & I should have a date soon! (hoping for October 6)

I'll take any and all positive thoughts!

i thought I would be scared because it's all becoming real (and I'm sure I will have anxious moments) but overall, I am excited! I just turned 39 and I can't wait for 40 and the healthier, happier life ahead!

Thanks to all who post here who inspire, encourage and educate! I'm looking forward to continuing the sharing!

Elizabeth C.
on 8/13/14 12:35 am - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations on being cleared!! :)  I'm waiting on a couple things and then I hope to get my date soon too! :)

5'-5" ~ Lap Band 03/2008 Converted to Sleeve 11/6/2014 HW 296 Start Pre Op Diet for Sleeve 226 SW 217 -9 M1: 202 -15 M2: 196 -6 M3: 186 -10 M4: 180 -6 M5: 176 -4 M6: 171 -5 M7: 167 -4 M8: 165 -2 M9: 161 -4 M10: 158 -3 M11: 158 -0

BurberryPlaid
on 8/13/14 12:37 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Good luck!! =)

J B
on 8/13/14 12:39 am

Hiya BP:

The wait is going to feel a bit frustrating.  I'm one month from my surgery, and I remember after I was OK'ed for surgery, I had about 6 weeks of just waiting, waiting... I felt as though life was on hold for a while.

But there are a lot of things you can do to prepare yourself.  Keep doing the things your nutritionist has told you to do (things like tracking your food, eating slowly, chewing food longer, etc).  I'd also try to prepare yourself mentally as much as you can.  This is not particularly easy.  For me, it was coming to terms with my relationship with food.  I had to admit that food had been a big comfort for me.  There was going to be a BIG change in that relationship, and soon I'd be getting by on much less food.  I wouldn't be losing myself in the pleasure of 'bulk' food, even if it was healthy food :-)  It's a tricky transition, and I recommend talking to someone, a good friend or relative that you trust, about it.  

One thing that really helps keep you positive is to imagine what you're going to do when you've lost weight, your body is lighter, and you feel more confident.  Are you going to do more walking?  Will you start hiking?  Maybe go on the trip you wanted to do before but didn't feel confident enough to do?  I found that there were so many things that I'd been putting off with different excuses because I just felt too bulky to get around comfortably.  Now I'm beginning to feel more comfortable doing them.

This process is a real adventure - give yourself credit for getting this far.  It's not been easy to reach this stage.

Gastric Sleeve on 14 July 2014.  Highest weight: 311, Pre-surgery weight 300, Current weight 210.

rumpole6
on 8/13/14 1:06 am

Today is two weeks since the Surgeons office told me they were submitting to insurance. If I don't get a call today, I will contact them. That's a good suggestion. I don't know how long the delay was between when they told me they were submitting and they actually did.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

BurberryPlaid
on 8/13/14 10:55 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Thank you for this!

i have been thinking a lot about my relationship with food and it will have to change permanently. I have already started working on this (I broke up with the candy jar at work...the one who comforted me when I got stressed or upset at work...and doing a good job at home too with a couple of exceptions. I have really thought about going back to therapy and possibly OA for this as well. My Weight & Wellness Center has a psychiatrist on staff but they really aren't meant for long term care. I know I will need to work on this forever to be successful. 

I am very focused on all the things I have ahead of me too. Today I am dreaming of buying clothes in all the stores I've always wanted to but couldn't shop in (Hello, Loft, Ann Taylor, Express, NY & CO, White House Black Market, Vineyard Vines, & Gap...I'm coming for you!) I am also looking forward to going to Disney World and doing a Segway Tour (We go to Disney yearly) and hopefully in 2 years going on a dream trip to Disneyland/Hawaii and doing so many fun things!!

I think this is why I am excited and not scared at the moment...my life is waiting for me! I know it will be hard work but so worth it and I can't wait!

Cheryl H.
on 8/13/14 1:01 am - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

Good luck!

I didn't have long to wait for approval because I kept a dialogue going with BCBS the entire process.  I called them weekly sometimes several times a week, making sure all the components of the requirements were being met and submitted.  Yes, I trust my WLS doc's office but then, this is my body and my responsibility too.  I've read posts about human errors in insurance submissions and am realistic enough to know, stuff happens.  I had a particular time frame in mind as well so my suggestion to you is to check in with your insurance periodically.  You know what "they" say....Squeeky wheel gets the grease! 

Cheryl

BurberryPlaid
on 8/13/14 10:58 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I'll keep an eye on it. I am hopeful that since my insurance and the hospital I am having surgery at are directly related to each other it will be quick....I was told it should be a week or two at most so here's hoping!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views