phase 2 not going so well

xoLisaMacxo
on 8/28/14 12:24 am
with

Ok so yesterday I posted how excited I was to be starting phase 2.  No im soooo sad lunch didn't go so well. I had such a stomachache afterwards. dinner was ever worse. I made the Ricotta cheese bake and I could even eat it. my boyfriend on the other had loved it. yay for him.  last night I had such an upset stomach that he had to get me from the floor in the bathroom and put me to bed. You would think after a good night sleep it would go away, but no. still not well so I am back on liquids. I am soooo upset with this set back. I had great plans to go to an outdoor concert tonight and I cant even keep my water down so ill be home. just at work now finishing payroll and then im gonna leave. ughhh I want to cry I feel soooo sick

hollykim
on 8/28/14 12:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM Pacific Time, xoLisaMacxo wrote:

Ok so yesterday I posted how excited I was to be starting phase 2.  No im soooo sad lunch didn't go so well. I had such a stomachache afterwards. dinner was ever worse. I made the Ricotta cheese bake and I could even eat it. my boyfriend on the other had loved it. yay for him.  last night I had such an upset stomach that he had to get me from the floor in the bathroom and put me to bed. You would think after a good night sleep it would go away, but no. still not well so I am back on liquids. I am soooo upset with this set back. I had great plans to go to an outdoor concert tonight and I cant even keep my water down so ill be home. just at work now finishing payroll and then im gonna leave. ughhh I want to cry I feel soooo sick

what Bout the watermelon and the coconut Greek yogurt that went down so well? And the mashed potatoes you couldn't wait to attack? You posted right before this post about these things doing well. 

I am confused....

pattinavcohen
on 8/28/14 1:44 am
VSG on 08/13/14 with

I started phase 2 yesterday also and had a similar experience. Ate 2oz of ricotta bake for dinner and felt so bad afterwards. Maybe too early for so much cheese. It's better today since I have only had SF pudding and yogurt drink. Try again tomorrow with something lighter maybe. Good luck and I feel your pain.

Amy M.
on 8/28/14 1:53 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

When I first began phase 2 I was only able to get down a few table spoons before I was full.  If you're going right for 2 oz it's possible that maybe you just tried to eat a little too much too early?  Slow it down a little and watch your portions.  Don't give up! I was so happy when I was able to start pureed foods.  I found that cottage cheese went down better for me than ricotta cheese. 

Tracy D.
on 8/28/14 2:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Could you possibly be lactose intolerant?   Or perhaps the tomato sauce didn't set well.  I know for me that early out amything tomato-based caused horrible excess acid.  Even now I have to be careful with it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Miss150
on 8/28/14 4:27 am

I am, as well as others, a bit confused between reading your two close posts, but what I think I hear you saying, is that, you are having a rocky time of it.  For me, the transitions between eating stages was not so much of a "walk out of one eating room and into a completely different eating room" as it was a leisurely stroll down a path of eating experiences.  Sometimes I had to go slow- sometimes backtrack a bit. You do not need to sample the whole eating experience in one day.  Try new foods one at a time...see how it goes...if good, add to your list...if not so successful, put the food on the back burner and try some days-weeks later.  Easy does it!  Add and eliminate foods one at a time (think allergy testing).  You'll get the hang of it.  Be gentle with your new tummy- slow down.  (you will get to full foods fast enough-)  bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/28/14 5:49 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It could be that you ate too much or too fast.

Strange how you could ea****ermelon and Greek toasted coconut yogurt and not have any issues the other day.  Maybe you are lactose intolerant.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Minda626
on 8/28/14 10:14 am
VSG on 12/17/13

I was soooooooooo excited for the ricotta bake, but it made me sooooooooo sick.  The acid from the tomato sauce was just too much.  I did much better with refried beans with a little cheese melted in, or cottage cheese.  Baby food ham dinner was surprisingly tasty (had to fight off the cat, though).  Also, consider the amount of swelling you're experiencing at this point in your healing.  For me, portions were measured in tablespoons for quite a while, despite my manual describing a serving as a half cup during purees/softs.  Hang in there, and just try something else!

VSG 12/17/13   HW 325   SW 281   GW 149

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views