Calling myself out!

Phatphotog
on 9/5/14 1:14 pm

This a public accountability announcement to get myself back on track.

i am 13 weeks post op and I have lost 60 lbs in that time. I have 60 more to go to be normal BMI.

i have not had any issues at all with eating (no pain, slimies, nausea, etc) which is great! But it also lets me eat anything I want. I have gotten off track the last couple weeks. Falling into bad habits of letting sugar (chocolate monster!) creep back in and even some pasta... I haven't been tracking my calories or protein or taking my supplements or drinking nearly enough water. I know!!! This is all very, very bad! I have five young kids and I homeschool and we're in the middle of an adoption that is taking foreverrrrr. With all of that, I've been a little overwhelmed and not planning ahead for good choices and too tired to exercise. But I'm not here to make excuses.

plan- no more sugar at all, back to taking all my supplements, track every calorie and protein and majorly increase water intake, wake up an hour earlier to exercise since I have been too exhausted to go in the evenings now. 

So there it is. Must finish this thing out! 60 more to go! I've got this! Thanks for reading! I feel better already. :)

luvmypuggies
on 9/5/14 1:59 pm

Good for you for catching yourself and re-dedicating to your plan! It's amazingly easy for bad habits to sneak their way back in, and carbs seem to be the most evil of the bunch.  As a fellow homeschooler, I know that organization and planning is probably a big part of your life, so be sure to include your own needs in the daily plan.  Congratulations on your impressive success so far - you've got this! :)

aharris30
on 9/6/14 2:50 am
VSG on 05/13/14

I so hear ya. I'm around your stats and surgery period and I slipped and let the chocolate monster back in. Why? IDK, before surgery I didn't even eat candy/chocolate, so why is it happening now? I could literally go months and months without anything sweet and it wouldn't phase me.  Anyway, it's good that your catching it now and holding yourself accountable. Yesterday at work I saw a big bag of candy that we had during an in-service. Before I could even rationalized to myself why I should not eat a piece my friend came out of no where and took the bag out of my eye sight  and left the room. Before she left, she just looked at me and said I don't want to hear about your stomach hurting. I am so thankful that I have other helping me through this process. I was always so scared to tell people how I was really doing, but opening up to people have really helped me stay accountable.

Kelly Jean
on 9/6/14 11:15 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Wooooo hoooooo congrats on holding yourself accountable.. you got this now your half way there bring it home!!!! Cut the carbs eat the protein drink drink drink and make time for those exercises !!! No problem you'll be there before you know it!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Phatphotog
on 9/6/14 2:28 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! :)

Jordan B.
on 9/8/14 12:36 pm

I was having the same issue this month (my surgery was 6.4.14) and I had a lot of days where I thought, even that little bite wasn't good.  Tomorrow is a new day- Keep up the good work!

HW 345 (01.2014)  SW 324 M1: 21 lbs m2: 14 lbs m3: 10 lbs m4: 15 lbs