1 month

kellyomama
on 9/12/14 12:51 pm

Hi all!,

So today is my one month mark. Since surgery, I have lost 18.4 pounds (25 if you include the water weight I gained while in recovery)

I have lost 22.25 inches off my body. I feel goid. I am fitting clothes I haven't fit in years...but...

I have been at a stall for the last 2 weeks. I may have lost a pound or 2, but all the weight just stopped. I know in my head it is probably the 3 week stall, but I am terrified that I am messing this up. I feel like I can eat more than I should (3-4 oz!  2 oz dense protein, 1/4 cup veggies or fruit). It scares me how easily I can eat it. I still struggle with stopping. I feel the full signal and stop as soon as i feel it, but that's literally at the end of a 3-4 oz meal. Sometimes...I eat 3 meals and a snack or two-always protein or yogurt, something small 2 oz-ish.

I struggle to drink my protein shakes, was doing better when I had some premier, but ran out and am back to powder. I drink tons of water, but probably not enough. I stopped tracking it. Doing fine with vits and calcium. Exercising as often as I can 3 days a week on days I don't feel I was as active..

I swore I wouldn't let the 3 week stall get to me, but I knew/thought if the scale didn't move, I should be losing inches. I haven't lost pounds or inches during this time. I am so terrified I am doing this wrong.. I see all these people losing 25+pounds in month one and I can't help but feel I should be up to that point. I guess I thought because I was bigger to start, the weight would come off faster...?

Maybe I just got spoiled from the quick loss in the start? Maybe I am just a slow loser? Not sure what I am looking for in responses,  just wanted to update and see if any of my ramblings struck a chord or invoked advice from any of those of you who are farther along...

kellyomama
on 9/12/14 12:56 pm

So I  reread my words and now I feel like i may have just been venting..This wasn't meant to be whining. I hope it doesn't come off that way. I don't want it to seem like I was expecting an over night miracle or anything. I think I just needed to vocalize my fears and concerns. I know you vets have probably heard the same story a million times, too, so sorry if I am sounding like a broken 3 week stall record ;)

CGCL
on 9/13/14 1:04 am
RNY on 02/19/15
It doesn't sound like whining, no worries. Just fear/anxiety. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

kellyomama
on 9/13/14 2:55 am

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your encouragement!

ashleylara
on 9/12/14 1:04 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

I'm one month out on Tuesday and I am down 22 pounds. I struggle with protein shakes...none of them stay down at all... I am only able to eat about an ounce at the most so our lucky u can get a couple down. I'm at a stall too. Haven't lost anything in like a week. Good luck to u hope things get better.

VSG on 8/19/14

HW:289 SW: 275 CW: 237.8

M:1 -23 M:2 -15

kellyomama
on 9/12/14 2:23 pm

I am sorry to hear you are struggling, too. This stall is messing with my head. I imagine it is also awful to be on the other end and only able to eat such a small amount. Although, I bet once you are a few more months out, you will be thankful to have such high restriction. I worry I won't have enough restriction in a few months.... ugh

Just curious, how tall are you? I am 5'11..I saw a video someone posted on the different sizes of sleeves, saying a taller person may have a naturally longer/larger stomach. So once sleeved, a taller person may have a larger capacity than a short person,  just because of natural variations in stomach size. ..even if they were done by the same surgeon and made the "same size". I wonder if that is why I can easily eat more and you can eat so much less...?

Thanks for posting. I appreciate hearing how others are doing at this point...

ashleylara
on 9/12/14 3:39 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

Lol I'm only 5'3. Maybe its true! It will be nice to see each other through this journey.

VSG on 8/19/14

HW:289 SW: 275 CW: 237.8

M:1 -23 M:2 -15

kellyomama
on 9/12/14 3:41 pm

Great scott! Maybe there is something to this concept! Interesting indeed. I am friending you now so we can follow each other's progress :)

Saudi_dutchess
on 9/12/14 9:08 pm - Saudi Arabia

Hello I am 3 weeks 4 days post vsg in the first 10 days I lost 15lbs, since then I have only lost 2lbs I am now on soft foods 240mls at a time and 1 protein shake per day. I'm not happy at only loosing 2lb but will keep trying can anyone give me ideas ???? I don't drink a lot of waster could this be the problem. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views