Scale just not moving that fast anymore.

Tiffanybeal
on 9/14/14 8:57 pm - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

I am 8 and a half months out. I have lost 78lbs I haven't been on here in a while so I decided to log in and get some motivation. I haven't gained weight but the scale is only moving a couple lbs in the last month in a half. I don't know if it is me getting comfortable with myself or hearing the comments from people that I am going to waste away to nothing and things like that I think it makes me feel like I can relax a little but I know I still have some more weight to lose. So here I am just reading to get motivation to get my butt in gear !

Kelly Jean
on 9/14/14 9:59 pm, edited 9/14/14 9:59 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm only 5 months out but. Are you keeping your protein up and carbs under 40 ... and getting all your water in and exercise in!!! Maybe go back to the beginning and see how that works for a bit!!!! Best of luck to you!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Tiffanybeal
on 9/14/14 11:02 pm - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

oh i know what i need to do lol it is just me doing it. thanks for your advice i really appreciate it

mmsmom
on 9/14/14 10:31 pm, edited 9/14/14 10:32 pm - Woburn, MA

I kind of did the same thing in August - mentally gave myself permission to ease up - and then said to myself, "just get to goal and then you can do this all the time."  So i went back in my food log and looked at what I was eating while i was losing well - and viola, this week I lost 2.8 lbs!!!   It's tough for the first day or two to get back on the fast track, but after that i fell back into the good habits.  Good luck!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Tiffanybeal
on 9/14/14 11:01 pm - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

yes i am sure that is the case. I just have to start back to the basics

cappy11448
on 9/15/14 12:08 am

I remember around 9 months post op my weight loss slowed dramatically, and I began to wonder if I'd ever make it to goal.  But I just kept plugging along.  Some months were better than others, and it took a bit longer than I wanted, but I got there.  You will too, if you just stick to the plan, and don't worry so much about the scale.  It will happen.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

MAchick
on 9/15/14 3:39 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I'm at month 8 and my weight loss has slowed drastically. I'm only about 13-14 lbs away from goal though. I have eased up because I have a lot of serious stress going on and it's best for me to focus on those actual issues.  That being said,  I don't go Willy nilly with my eating and make the best food choices I can.  It's also much easier for me to get back on track if I have a day or so with too many carbs.

For example, this weekend was my bachelorette party. I had a nice meal at a Japanese steakhouse,  had a couple drinks (personal decision), and danced my butt off. Today I am back to my protein and water. 

Have I been perfect?  No, but I'm doing what's right for me. And I'm taking note of the positive behavior changes in regards to food. 

Tiffanybeal
on 9/15/14 4:04 am - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

I know it gets harder and I really don't even know what my goal should be. My dr never gave me a goal and the bmi chart says I should have to lose another 30lbs not sure how that could even happen. So I will just keep moving and take it as it comes 

Nell65
on 9/16/14 1:00 am - Fishkill, NY

I asked last time I was in-those BMI charts will drive one bonkers.  She asked me what I thought and I was going based on the charts.  Well we sat down and hers has me at 142lbs.  I am 4lbs away from goal. If I went below that I'd look gaunt and icky.  So I am happy where I am.  It's slowed down this past month on the weight loss.  But I knew that would happen. It's been only a few lbs over the last 4 weeks, but that's ok. I am sticking to plan and I saw a two lbs drop in the last week.  First time in 3 weeks.  So it'll come, I am close to the end and it's not a bad thing at all.  I am still further than ever and happy with myself on my progress.  Take it a little at a time-and that's fine to do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views