Can someone answer this, I would prefer a woman.

trin123
on 9/27/14 5:25 am, edited 9/27/14 5:29 am

I just went to the restroom to pee and when I wiped myself there was dark brown blood. I am kind of freaking out here as I had my period 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was sleeved on weds

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

BurberryPlaid
on 9/27/14 5:31 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I' m not an expert but...

you just put your body through major surgery which can definitely mess up your cycle for a while. I've had this happen simply by traveling!

When blood is dark brown it tends to be "old". I would call your surgeon or PCP if it persists or becomes bright red for advice. If it becomes heavy go to the ER immediately.

Chances are all is well...take care!

trin123
on 9/27/14 5:39 am

Thank you. It just really made me nervous. Your right it was dark brown. It kind of looked like the stuff I passed after I had my son. I had him through a csection. To be honest internal bleeding is kind of a fear I am having right now.

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

mickeymantle
on 9/27/14 6:10 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

having the surgery can mess up your cycle also losing weight quickly will release the extra hormones stored in your fat and will do wonderful things to your cycle , like non stop periods , no periods for months ect, also birth-control pills and other forms of hormonal birth-control can not be trusted  , you need to use a second method, like a rubber , diaphragm,   have hubbies or boyfriends tubes tyed if you don't want any more kids

your lucky you did not get your period while you had your surgery , you did not need more discomfit

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

ladyjag03
on 9/27/14 7:23 am

I'm not an expert either but it may be caused by the weight lost, hormonal changes, etc.

Google it on webmd.com and always check with your doctor. 

VSG w/ Dr. Kligman (UMMC): 10/9/14

Kelly Jean
on 9/27/14 10:17 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Since it's dark blood it's old blood I'm sure!!!! BUT none of us are Dr's please just make sure put a call into your surgeon!!!! Best of luck!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Cindy B.
on 9/27/14 2:06 pm
VSG on 10/22/12

I'll just share my post op experience about this. I had my surgery on Monday and got my period (dark blood to start with) on Wednesday. It was due in about a week and a half. The first several months things were fairly predictable after that, then I started having more not so fun changes with a couple of periods a month, that seemed nonstop! I was tested and everything came back fine. My answer was that it was from the stress of the surgery when I had my period early right after having the surgery. And the changes later were from the rapid weight loss and the hormones released from that. Things have toned way down now that I'm done losing weight, thank goodness. I'd still get in contact with one of your doctors to make sure this is what's happening to you also and not something else.

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

Allison L.
on 9/28/14 3:22 am - Berkeley, CA

I bled post-surgery too. But mine was bright red. I'd say call your surgeon just to put your mind at ease.

Jill724
on 9/28/14 4:32 am
RNY on 07/24/14

I was on the last days of my period when I had surgery, then had another 2 was later. Now I seem to be regular. I wouldn't be real upset, I do believe it's very normal. However, call your surgeon if you think it's best!!