Waiting.....

jersey_gurl
on 9/29/14 12:37 am
VSG on 01/23/15

I have not had my WLS yet! but I'm feeling very nervous... I should have a date before the end of  the year. I'm going through the steps I have one more seminar to attend. The seminars are great! Very helpful! My main concern is that I feel like my eating habits are out of control. I've gained 9lbs in a month. Is it normal to gain weight during the waiting period of your approval date..

Tracy D.
on 9/29/14 12:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It is normal?  I guess that depends - it sounds like you're similar to many of us, an emotional/stress eater and since you're real nervous about all this you are doing a lot of emotional eating.   So in that you're perfectly normal.  

Words to the wise:  get this emotional eating under control BEFORE you have surgery.  Surgery is on your stomach, not your head.  If you emotionally eat now you WILL emotionally eat after surgery.  Maybe not right away but eventually it will happen and it's a train wreck waiting to happen.  It will seriously screw up any chance you have of maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life.  

Get yourself some therapy now - just a few sessions can be helpful - and look into a local chapter of Overeater's Anonymous (oa.org).  They have online and phone meetings if there aren't any live meetings in your area.  I've needed both of these tools to help me stay on track.  

The surgery is a great tool but it is only ONE of the tools you'll need to battle your obesity problem.  Get the others set up now.  

Good luck to you!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jersey_gurl
on 9/29/14 4:29 am
VSG on 01/23/15

Thanks!  I will definitely look into some therapy...

MsPayne731
on 9/29/14 2:19 am - Dexter, MI
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi Jersey Gurl, I too am waiting for my WLS date but I have decided that this surgery involves a life style change so I have started eating like I have already had the surgery. I drink protein shakes in the morning, I have a very healty protein rich lunch and then I have grilled meat, veggies, & carb for dinner but I eat my meat and veggies first and leave the carb. I also drink at least 64 ounces of water per day and I work out, doing all of these things keeps me focused on the goal of weight loss and I have actually lost 10 pounds. Remember we are getting surgery on our stomach, not our head so take this time (Waiting is the worst) to get yourself in the "lite weight" state of mind so that after surgery, it will be like second nature. Come on Girl, we can do this! We got this!!

37 yo / 5'6 / HW: 325 / CW:215 / GW: 165 /  Surgery 11/25/14 

jersey_gurl
on 9/29/14 4:32 am
VSG on 01/23/15

Thank you so much for your support and motivation it helps so much!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views