confessional time....

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 6:59 am

Thanks for sharing! It is nice to know that I am not the only one who slips up from time to time. I am indeed, back on the horse, and back on track. Irony again, this morning I was down a pound and a half. I apparently tricked my body into thinking those cookies were healthy lol! I love that quote from Devil Wears Prada. My old roommate and I used to joke that if one of us got mono, we would have to kiss the other so we could both "diet" at the same time. Terrible, I know..

Wildnwonderful
on 10/12/14 9:55 pm

I am still pre-op but, I am really trying to stick to what my nut said. Yesterday however was NOT my best day. I  had an egg 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of plain toast....then chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries for lunch.....then left over potato soup for dinner. Then for some reason....cause I was NOT hungry....I ate 3 chips ahoy...and then a small piece of cheese and a handful of crackers. Because I want to be completely honest....I then had a tomato sandwich before I went to bed!!!!! What the H*** was I thinking!! I know better! I can NOT DO THIS....so I am right there with you girl. So this morning I brushed it off. I made my kids and hubby pancakes and made myself a protein shake with unsweetened almond milk. I was ok with not having any for myself.

I told myself this was all part of the process. Falling off the  wagon, realizing we did, and hopping back on buckling the seatbelt a little tighter. I know this may not help but, Know you are not alone. 

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 7:04 am

Thank you for sharing. Pre-op was so much harder for me than post-op, simply because post-op, you have got your sleeve working for you. I, too, try to be forgiving to myself (not to make excuses though) because the first time I slipped up, I really came down hard on myself and I was told from many a wise person here that I needed to give up the self-defeatist attitude and start focusing on the win. That negative thoughts would sabotage me and I needed to get my mind in the right place so that I could be successful. It really opened my eyes to say the least. (If you want to read about it and the great advice I got, search: "I confess that I suck"

It sounds to me like you are doing great and you already have your mind in the right place. I know you will have great success-Keep up the hard work! This is the best decision you will ever make for yourself!

Cece2014
on 10/12/14 10:54 pm

Loved the explanation of a slider food - I was wondering.....  

And thanks for the warning!

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 7:06 am

You're welcome. I was wondering myself what it meant... No food has had that effect on me until those cookies. I know there are many other explanations of sliders, but for me, I now know a specific slider food. I was shocked how many of those cookies I could just pile on in and no restriction feeling in sight! No thank you!

csbsteph
on 10/12/14 11:46 pm, edited 10/12/14 11:52 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

http://kaysheppard.com/

also having natural peanut butter in the house and natural almonds is a real problem for me.  I keep a food journal and seem to be having a few nuts here and a tablespoon there...also putting graham crackers in my yogurt is a problem.  You're human, today is a new day; note to myself & you-keep the stuff out of the house.  Good luck and don't beat yourself up you're doing right by posting to share your problem with cookies you're human but start fresh today & no more cookies.  For me just having the stuff in the house even if it's for my daughter or husband is irritating; yes you can portion out your cookies/snacks but as someone wise mentioned above (1lasttime) sugar is addictive so I try to stay out of it personally & my Doc said cookies, chips & junk weren't allowed...I gotta stop it myself with adding the graham crackers to my yogurt.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 7:10 am

Thank you for posting! I agree that I cannot even have it in the house. I knew that, but I tried to make myself think otherwise. My hubby has even lost weight just from having healthy food in the house with no junk around. Not that it hurts any of us... I just don't have the will power yet. Maybe someday...but clearly that is not this day!

Tracy D.
on 10/13/14 12:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I wouldn't call what you did "self-sabotage".  I would call it "rewarding" yourself for doing such a good job and getting kudos from the doctor.  And we humans LOVE to rationalize all kinds of unhealthy ways to reward ourselves...especially if our lifestyle is not in balance.  Meaning:  if you are constantly focused on what you have to do, what you must do, what you need to do and not allowing yourself any time or space for you what want to do, love to do or enjoy doing...then you will feel this immense need to reward yourself because you are experiencing lifestyle imbalance.  

Examples:  "Oh, I really deserve that hot fudge sundae because I worked sooooo many hours this week!"   "Or I really deserve that new pair of shoes because my kids were little ****s all week!".  Or, "I've worked so hard and done so well, even my doctor said so.  I DESERVE these cookies!"  

You know what you did wasn't healthy so the next time you feel a need to reward yourself, pick something besides cookies 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

1slusher1
on 10/13/14 4:20 am

So I have been having 2oz of natural creamy peanut butter, it is on my list of things I can have. I'm 11 days out with the sleeve. I'm only have the peanut buuter and cottage cheese and protein drink, plus 64 oz of water, I'm I doing this right.

1slusher1
on 10/13/14 4:21 am

I'm having 100grams of protein a day also.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views