confessional time....

kellyomama
on 10/12/14 3:26 pm, edited 10/13/14 12:19 am

So, I have discovered my first slider food. Turns out sandwich cookies (cheapo crap brand) cookies are a no go. I know, I  know, it is obvious I shouldn't  be eating it to begin with, but I am on my period and thought I could  handle just one...or two. I actually told myself  I was buying them for hubby's  lunch, but deep down, I knew  better... well....i just figured out the definition of a slider, becayse one turned in to TWELVE. Holy **** Batman! 12!! ( not all at once, but 4 at a time , no problem)...

So....ooops. Can't  do that again. I will call it my carb reset day and get back at it tomorrow.

On a psych level,  I think I have a tendency to self sabotage. Just had  a dr check in yesterday and was praised for doing so good. Lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Then, ate 12 ******g cookies. Oy! I still have a long way to go....

Feel free to share your successes  or failure , advice, or words of love/tough love.

Quanita L.
on 10/12/14 3:42 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

other than the fact that your 12 cookies and 12 pounds share the same number 12, remember that 12 cookies can not do 12lbs damage. realising the ease they can be eaten for you and then getting back to what works better for you is what is important and you have already done that!

some tips I have heard from others that help- rearrange your cupboards so that things that you think are sliders are further away or out of reach (or don't buy them) [I have used this quite effectively in the past, I am short so things on higher shelves and to the rear of the cupboards are out of sight.  Kids ice cream cones and sprinkles and the like are in the rear of the lowest shelves so it's annoying to get out]
- open the whole package the day you purchase them portion it into a single serve pack and then plan to have just one on a given day (don't make it a day when you are highly emotional or feeling extremely hungry) [this one doesn't work so well for me, I tend to eat it while portioning it out - maybe get someone else to do that?]
- if you have a food like that at work or in a class or a group setting, share it around so that there isn't anything left to give yourself a larger helping than intended.

when it comes to needing or wanting something sweet, I actually found that carrot sticks were great for when I wanted chocolate.  Not right away, I still had to use a measure of restraint for maybe the first 30mins after the OMG I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW part.

Try not to beat yourself up about self sabotaging - I have a tendency to be very judgmental of myself and the more I am negative the more I need emotional support from the food, so scolding myself about being naughty after doing well is actually not useful for me.

Maybe change to something like look what I did there, isn't that interesting? next time I have my period and feel like this I will do xyz instead
you are doing okay!

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

kellyomama
on 10/12/14 3:54 pm, edited 10/13/14 12:16 am

I love all of your advice, thank you so much! We actually haven't  kept sweets in the house, because i know i cant resist, but they lied their way into my cupboards under the guise of being  for hubby's  lunch. Sorry hubs, no goodies in your lunch again lol. I will have to try the carrots for chocolate thing. My time  of the month is the  only time i really feel like derailing from my plan, so i will take all the help i can get there!

Thank you so much for your response. Especially  the part about the 12 pounds, 12 cookies. Because in my mind that is exactly what I equated   it to. Oh well. Chalk  today up as a loss and make tomorrow  another win. Thanks again!

Belle Ink
on 10/13/14 4:25 am

Ok, somebody mentioned Quest bars. I have read about making cookies from them. I haven't tried them yet, but I will.

Here is what you do, one quest bar equals 4 cookies.

Instructions:

Microwave a quest bar for 10 seconds, turn oven on to 380 degrees. Cut quest bar into 4 pieces and shape each one like a cookie, bake for 4 minutes.

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 6:51 am

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/12/14 7:57 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ok, ya had 12 cookies, you already know this is not a good thing. All I can say is that sugar is addictive, some can have just a little and be ok with it & some not so much. Getting off the carbs & eating protein instead I find is a good way to get off the carb addiction. There will be times when you just gotta have the sweets. I luv chocolate myself & I know having carrots instead of chocolate will never work for me.

I sometimes eat those 100 calorie cookie packs when I just have to have the real thing, or I eat these pre packaged chocolate almond butter, or the chocolate hazelnut butter by Justins. Having something that is already portioned out for me is a way for me to have the real thing but not go overboard on it. If you can't control the amt you eat you might have to give it up entirely until you can get a better handle on proton control. The all or nothing approach never worked for me.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 12:25 am

Thank you for the healthier suggestions.  Like I  said, we haven't  been keeping it in the house at all, because I  know I have control issues.  I was just really surprised at how quickly I was unable to stop! And, that i could eat so many! I never really crave carbs or anything starchy, but sweets, ugh, that is my achilles heal for sure. It has to be all or nothing... but i have gotta figure out something  for this time of the month  when it becomes critical lol

Thanks for posting!

Kelly Jean
on 10/12/14 9:10 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Ok Kelly son you feel off the wagon kinda hard 12 cookies !!!! So now that's in the past... leave it there and move on .... don't dwell on it ... we can't change it ... it happened oooooops ... and now better choice for the next time.... how about if you have to and it's a major crave a quest protein bar!!!  Try the cookies and cream.... this is also just a once in a blue moon thing cause the carbs are a bit higher ... but way better then cookies and this way you get over 20 grams of protein in also... when I do have them I can only be at 1/2 a bar at a time they are very filling!!!! Go slow.... you got this !!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

kellyomama
on 10/13/14 6:55 am

Thanks Kelly! I did fall hard right off the wagon and face first into those cookies!(Hey, they were small cookies lol!) But you are right, time to get back on the wagon. Today has been a good day, back on track. Like I said, I have been doing great, just a temporary loss of control. Good suggestion on the quest bar. I actually didn't even consider that: I have premier protein bars in my cookie jar right now! Ironic place to keep them given my slider slip-up, don't ya think?

grayC
on 10/12/14 9:24 pm, edited 10/12/14 11:41 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Cookies are my sliders too..

unfortunately for me any refined sugar goes 

Down real easy, also popcorn,chips,and pretzels..

I did not have a good weekend too

a shoprite by me sells these really good sugar cookies 

at their bakery..oh my..l'm responsible for about 10/18 missing from the

pack!! I was FEASTING in anticipation of and  during The Walking Dead season premiere!!

not to mention the warm homemade brownie w/ a scoop of vanilla!! 

All I can say is BACK ON THE. HORSE!!! 

Oh and because of some intestinal distress..I'm down a 1/2 pound!!

which I SOOO didn't expect!!

EDITED TO ADD: sorry after I put in my numbers this AM I'm actually down 1lb!

reminds me of one of my favorite lines in a movie..The Devil Wears Prada..

"I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight.." LOL! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views