A depressing situation is making me wanna eat...but I havent and I wont

trin123
on 10/15/14 4:07 am

My friend who works for WHO was in Sierra Leone. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with this place but its in West Africa and has the second highest Ebola deaths ( after Liberia). She is my best friend and has helped me through a lot in my life (she is basically a sister from another mother) and she is working on her dissertation to get her PH.d in medical anthropology. She went back to her home  (not in the United States) yesterday and she called me today and told me she had to go to the hospital because she has a fever and is very sick. I haven't heard from her since. But I am going to guess since she hasn't called and I haven't heard anything she just has a flu or something. Its making be anxious and scared and sometimes that makes me wanna eat. But I am holding my ground.

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

grayC
on 10/15/14 4:32 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I'm so sorry to hear this..

I'm hoping she just has the flu and is sleeping it off

however, they may have placed her in quarantine..

cappy11448
on 10/15/14 4:44 am

How scarey.  I'll hold you both in my prayers.

Best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

trin123
on 10/15/14 5:30 am

She doesn't have Ebola. She has food poisoning  from a place she got takeout from the day she got back. She of course has to monitor her temp for 14 days as does all UN, WHO, and any aide workers has to. But they said this wasn't Ebola because her cousin who ate at the same restaurant got sick and it was obviously food poisoning. But they have her quarantine until the actual test comes back. But she said she already feels better.

G5x5
on 10/15/14 9:56 am - VA

Scary.  Hope it works out for best.

If you get in a jam, and feel the need to snack, go for high fat items.  I recommend macadamia nuts, full fat cheese or hard boiled eggs.  Just stay away from the old favorites or anything loaded with sugars.  Sugars will just set you off on a downward spiral while high fat snacks will limit the food issue.

Think of it this way... if you eat a 6 ounce steak, then they bring you another one, will you really want to eat a 2nd 6 ounce steak?  Probably not.  However, if you eat a bad of Doritos, then finish the bag, what are the odds you could just keep going if more Doritos are available?  Much higher right?

So, when you get in a jam, you can manage your way through it.  At the fork in the road, take the high fat direction.  Science shows you don't get fat eating fat and the satiety from high fat foods will shut down the impulse to snack further pretty quickly.  This will let you manage your impulses until they pass without derailing your weight loss plans.

Good luck.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

grayC
on 10/15/14 12:29 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Never so happy to hear someone has food poisoning...

trin123
on 10/15/14 1:37 pm

Yeah me too. Also, she got to go home because her test was also negative.

Kelly Jean
on 10/15/14 9:05 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Wow thank God everything is ok!!! That must have been hell!!!  And also congratulations on not over doing it... that's awesome!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Vivian Prouty
on 10/15/14 9:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Praying for you to have peace and for your friend to contact you and let you know that she is alright.   I know it HAS to be scary.    I live in Fort Worth ( about 30 miles or so from Dallas ) and I know it is scary.   Especially since the medical experts are still seems like grasping at straws trying to come up with how the 2 nurses contacted Ebola with all the protective clothing that they had on.    UGH Life isn't fair at times.    Please try to calm your fears about your friend.     Praying that are safe and just have the flu.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"