I think I can I think I can....

TexasLady52
on 10/22/14 11:06 pm
Revision on 06/10/14

I was not nervous at all!  This was something I had wanted for a long long time!  I have always put everyone elses needs before my own.......this was something for me.....it was my time!  In the past I prayed each time if it was not God's will to shut the door ....and each time he slammed the door!  This time I prayed the same pray and evey door swung wide open.  I did not run into any obstacles.  Even my husband was amazed how everything fell into place.  My insurance was filed on a Friday and approved on Tuesday!!!  The operation went smooth and I had no complications!

lfenix
on 10/23/14 12:49 am, edited 10/23/14 12:50 am
VSG on 10/27/14 with

That was the same story for me...well, except for the husband part.  I have had nothing but open doors.  I went in for my consult in September, and I'm getting the surgery on Monday!  Insurance is paying for the hiatal hernia repair, and I'm only paying my $1500 deductible (which I already had in an HSA), plus $3500 for the whole procedure.  So quick, and it has been relatively painless so far!  I'm praying that God will make everything go smoothly for the surgery, because the place I'm having it done, literally sends me home the same day.  That's the main thing I'm nervous about--not being at the hospital if anything goes wrong, since I don't have a husband to take care of me any more.  So, my surgery is scheduled for 8:30 and it's considered day-surgery at this place, so I'll be home resting by the afternoon, so they say.  Please pray that everything goes perfectly and I'll be protected from any complications, because going back to the hospital will be costly and challenging in my cir****tances. 

BurberryPlaid
on 10/22/14 11:40 pm, edited 10/22/14 11:57 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I was mostly excited but yes, I had moments where I was scared. When I got scared honestly, I prayed and it helped. If you are not religious perhaps meditating and thinking of the positive results you hope to achieve may help. 

I also shared my fears with my husband and my best friend. Sometimes just vocalizing what you feel helps.

It's so easy to assume the worst but honestly, there's no reason you won't have the best possible outcome!

Hang in there! You'll be o  the other side soon!!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

ChangingShape66
on 10/23/14 12:06 am
VSG on 06/24/14

I am 17 weeks out and I was TERRIFIED! I just kept telling myself it was for the greater good and boy oh boy! What a change my life has made.  I am 65.2 pounds down since surgery and 99 pounds down since my all time highest weight.  I am SO happy I did this and you will be too!  I promise you it will be worth it!  My surgery and recovery were pretty good for the most part and I do not regret having the surgery one bit!  In fact I will use the cliche' statement "my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner"!  Best wishes to you and I look forward to supporting you!

Love yourself...

Cheshire54
on 10/23/14 5:58 am

OH We are in the same boat.  My surgery is scheduled for 11/3 and sometimes I am terrified.  But I don't think I'm terrified about the actual surgery.  It's after the surgery.  I am so worried about being nauseous all the time and uncomfortable.  I am already nauseous on this liver shrinking diet.  I just want it over so I can move on.  Or maybe "move on down" is more like it.  I, too, keep trying to focus on the end result and being able to wear much nicer clothing.  They sure don't make pretty things for heavy people.  I just want to be normal and be noticed for me not for my weight!  Good luck to all of you and please add me to your friends list.  We seem to be going about the same speed.

Lynne