pre admission testing

hippie304
on 10/23/14 9:29 am
VSG on 11/17/14

testing was going well today until they listened to my heart...NP said you have a murmur did u know that?   my surprised look should have been enough of an answer then she proceeds to call anathesia dr. on call .....she told him i had a class 3 systolic murmur. so now surgery is not a go until im cleared by a cardiologist. Appointment for that is Monday and my VSG is scheduled for wed. 29th .......SOOOOOOOOOOOOO my ? is this will having a murmur prevent me from having surgery??? I was sooooo in a good mood then everything fell apart

Jennsumner722
on 10/23/14 11:10 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

I don't think so if you had other surgeries in thepast and hadno problems with anesthesia. 

hippie304
on 10/23/14 11:21 am
VSG on 11/17/14

i have ...gallbladder in 2009 but no mention of murmur then....its just discouraging thats all so much has happened in the last 6 months i dont know how much more i can handle right now

Jennsumner722
on 10/23/14 11:57 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Maybe the person that did the ekg doesn't know what they are talking about. I understand how you feel,  I think that everything will work out and you'll get it on the 29th.

mickeymantle
on 10/23/14 3:06 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

don't be surprised if they what a stress test it is very common with any heart problems before surgery to make shore your healthy enough for surgery

better to have your surgery delayed than to have problems during surgery

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Marianne P.
on 10/24/14 12:39 pm
VSG on 10/16/14

I have a heart murmur that the doctor found 2 years ago and just had my sleeve surgery last week.  My cardiologist gave me a beta blocker to take before the surgery and for a month after.  I have no other symptoms or chest pains.  He thinks the murmur is just the valve getting a little stiffer since I am older.  You may need a stress test or an echo cardiogram but hopefully it does not prevent you from surgery.  Good luck.

Most Active