My PCP just did a 360

Kate -True Brit
on 11/3/14 5:55 am - UK

Helen, just a suggestion!  Putting your e mail address on a public board can lead to problems. Might be a good idea to take it off and send it to the poster by PM 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/3/14 4:27 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It's unfortunate that you took my comment so personally.  It certainly wasn't meant as an attack, but a clarification.

It did not occur to me that you have an MBA.  Thank you for sharing.

I am not perfect and never claimed to be.  

I'm happy that you feel awesome after posting on OH.  It's a great forum, isn't it? 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/3/14 7:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Why should it occur to someone that you have an MBA as you make no reference of it otherwise?

Crazy doctors happen to all of us, regardless of our education. And we all overreact sometimes. Take a breather, find another PCP, and the world will keep turning :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

aharris30
on 10/30/14 8:23 am
VSG on 05/13/14

I live in Oklahoma and my surgery was out of pocket (10k). IMO  thinking about going outside the US was not an option because of finding a PCP/ gastric doc to do follow up care (very important). But in the end this is YOUR choice and you know whats best for YOU. Whatever you decide mexico or US I hope you get your sleeve and enjoy the benefits of life. This was the best thing that could every happen to me. Btw, I have heard of quite a few people happy with their sleeves getting done in mexico, its the after I don't here to much update on. Best wishes. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/30/14 8:38 am

As poor as her delivery was, she does raise a point that needs to be addressed: you need to find someone to follow you for aftercare before you have surgery. Look around. Some surgeons will not follow patients who had surgery in Mexico. Mine will not, unless it is an emergency.

Also, I would find another physician. PCPs are a dime a dozen. Find one who suits you.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

DelilahJO
on 10/30/14 10:14 pm

What a lack of compassion and professionalism on her part!! There are plenty other dr out there so screw her. Surgery or not i wouldn't want someone like that treating me at all. However do you think it was the fact you no longer have ins that you were treated this way? Not just the surgery. Goodluck! You are making a great decision :) 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/3/14 6:55 am - OH

Ditto what RosyKate said.  If possible,my ou WILL want to have a local surgeon willing to care for you in the event of complications (even relatively minor ones, since your PCP is unlikely to be able to help),  and (IMO) you SHOULD find a more supportive PCP.

I'm sorry she was so harsh.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 11/3/14 7:08 am - OH

I agree that I would find another PCP.  But I also would not have surgery until you have someone to do your follow up care in the states.  If you can't work that out by December, I would postpone WLS until you can work it out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active