Stressed!

TexasPrincess08
on 11/21/14 12:51 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

I am gonna rant! There's your warning. I HATE retail its full of petty people who haven't grown up yet. I got called out by my front end corrdinator for taking a quick break to eat something at 7:30 pm she told me that it wasn't fair to everyone else. Well I'm sorry last time I checked they didn't have half there damn stomach removed! I told her that I had to eat multiple times a day or I would start to feel pain in my stomach from it being empty. People really and truly think that once you can eat "normal" food that you can go back to working an 8 hour plus shift and only get one hour long lunch break at 3pm central time and you close at 9 pm. That's a 6 hr difference. I wish I worked with ppl who were more understanding I guess that's the difference between a job and a career 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/21/14 1:07 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Get a doctors note stating that you need to eat or drink (protein shake) every few hours and they shouldn't hassle you anymore. 

dorasvsgjourney
on 11/21/14 3:20 pm
VSG on 11/26/14

I don't know about Texas, but in California employers are required to allow a 10 min break every 2 hours and at least a 30 min "lunch" break at 4 hours into a shift.  A lot of department heads and assistant managers in retail are not aware of this law.  You can probably find the information about breaks near the minimum wage poster probably near the employee restroom or the break room. 

Good luck!

MAchick
on 11/21/14 10:29 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

That stinks :-(  I would definitely try getting a note  from your doctor maybe.  Are you allowed drinks on the floor?  If so,  maybe a protein drink would be ok. Or,  can you sneak off for a minute every so often for sips?

Even though I only get a half hour lunch break for my long days, It's easy for me to slip into the back while I'm doing my documentation and grab a yogurt or cheese stick. I feel lucky that that's not a problem! 

TexasPrincess08
on 11/21/14 10:42 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

I can have water with me at the register and that's it. I'm just gonna find a new job I'm sick of retail. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views