Eating at someones house/restaurant without spilling the beans about your WLS.

greensleeved
on 12/15/14 1:55 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Unless it's a sit down dinner for the office party you can usually get away with mingling or even putting food on your plate and carrying it around.  Since you are so newly sleeved you might claim a prior engagement and show up for the "after dinner" party. Or just "I'm on a weight loss plan from my doctor" usually works too. I wouldn't bring it up unless someone asks.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Lizzieanne
on 12/15/14 10:00 am
VSG on 10/02/14

I am 2 1/2 months out (and down 48 pounds). I was at a Thanksgiving dinner with friends and I just put food on my plate in normal (not big) portions and ate a little of everything. I left the rest on the plate. I have chosen to tell only 2 people about the surgery. No one has said anything abut my food portions. A few people have questioned me about my smaller size. They knew when I started the pre-surgery weight loss and some saw me at the gym so I just tell them I have continued with my portion control, exercise and healthy food choices and the results are starting to show. If they choose to believe me, great. If not, they have not pried further. I think putting food on your plate is better than not eating anything in front of people. I get full so fast I'm physically not tempted to overeat when having a full plate. 

Good luck

HW:230. Surgery: 10/02/14. SW:220. CW:198 

crittemom
on 12/15/14 10:01 am

Thanks! I know I'll be asked, it is inevitable. But with everyone's advice on this site that I've received, I think I'll be able to handle it now. You know what is funny? A lot of food smells are starting to really bother me in a negative way, actually discouraging me from desiring it! That can be good or bad, but right now I'm welcoming it!

Merry Christmas!