Feeling defeated and off track since Thanksgiving- need motivation and kind words

Tlove6
on 1/20/15 9:07 am

hey all,

grazing...yup, friggin grazing. I can't stop and its fustrating. I had a great week last week, well 5 days in a row and lost nothing. It was the strictest I've been in a while and there wasn't a win on the scale. One-derland has been haunting me for almost a month.

I feel so well at 7 Mos post surgery that the old habits of snacking and grazing are creeping in and I HATE IT! I've seen my therapist and have a plan but it's just so hard. 

I have a shake every morning for breakfast on the way to school. I pack a lunch and snacks everyday, but it's the same two times a day that I am struggling with - before dinner and after dinner... Just so hard. 

I read the daily eatingn posts and they actually make me feel like I'm failing. I know I'm not completely failing - it's just a crazy mind game. 

Okay, venting over. Tomorrow is a new day. 3 meals, 2 snacks 1,000 calories and 60+ protein. Done and done. 

Thank you and good night, oh and Id happily take any advice!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/20/15 9:14 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Been there.  I went off the rails between Christmas and New Year's and gained 7 lbs.  I started back on program on January 6, and gained weight that week 

Last week I did all the right things - eating dense protein, drinking all my fluids, exercising - and I lost 5 lbs.  Sometimes it takes your body time to get back into the rhythm of your weight loss routine.

Don't give up and don't get discouraged!  I'm a late night eater and it's so hard to not give in to temptation.  Believe me, I fail often.  We expect that scale to give us instant gratification and when it doesn't we want to spiral out of control.  

Hang in there.  You might have to white knuckle it for a couple of weeks, but the weight will start to come off again.  Try exercising, even walking for 30 minutes just to give your body a kick start.  I find that my weight takes a couple of days to catch up to my actions.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tlove6
on 1/20/15 9:15 am

Thanks for the feedback!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

PrayMore
on 1/20/15 9:32 am

I can definitely relate to the grazing before and after dinner... I taste the stuff I'm making for my family and then have a spoon, another spoon! It's hard! I do remember learning this from past WL attempts and I TRY to tell myself this when I find myself tasting too much before my actual meal: You can eat a SECOND dinner with all of these tastes. BLTs - bites, licks and tastes can add up to a whole meal! 

SO, you aren't alone!!! I tackle this snacky feeling at other times with tricks and tools, but I'm not sure how to tackle this one because I'm cooking for my family! I used to chew gum during this time. Maybe now, I'll suck on a sugar-free mint and won't like the minty taste with any tastes.

Sounds like you are trying hard the rest of the day and doing your thing! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone with this struggle. WE CAN DO THIS! We can!!! 

:) 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Tlove6
on 1/20/15 9:38 am

Yes we can! I cook dinner that we can all eat. I'll skip potatoes, bread and pasta and I'm usually okay with whatever meat and veggies j make. 

The damn TV eating is a real SOB!! Lol

shery11ynn
on 1/22/15 5:03 am

If you eat in front of the tv, can you do something else instead? Do you knit or crochet, anything you can do to keep your hands busy? Maybe paint your fingernails, or put lotion on yourself? 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/20/15 9:41 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yes you can do it! You can get back on track. Do you still track your food? I tend to snack a lot too, but my meals are usually very light, so I'm still working on getting the right balance by eating enough during my meals and snacking a little lighter, calorie wise though it still evens out. Hope you reach onderland soon!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Tlove6
on 1/20/15 9:44 am

Hi,

yes I track daily in MFP. Range from 900 cal to 1400 on a bad day!!! 

I even track the "handfuls". Lol

PrayMore
on 1/20/15 9:43 am

Oh, I cook dinner that I can eat, too. But even tasting the stuff that I'm not measuring out, sitting and eating, is a bad bad habit for me! I need to quit that bad habit before it really sets in!

TV eating is probably how I became overweight to begin with... it totally is tough.

You could try coloring - buy a cute coloring book and nice sharp crayons. LOL! I know it sounds crazy, but it'll keep your hands busy. OR paint your nails... you won't want to snack with wet nails!  LOL!

And stopping by OH is always good, too! 

WE GOT THIS!!!! 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Tlove6
on 1/20/15 9:45 am

Ugh with the TV eating ....UGH 😢

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views