4 days post-op! Can't find sugar-free liquid Tylenol!

Donna M.
on 2/15/15 7:57 am
with

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and happy to be here. Like I said, I'm 4 days post-op (VSG). I'm trying to get off the Hydrocodon/Acetamin and onto sugar-free liquid tylenol. I've had a really hard time finding it, but one day found one bottle on the shelf. After I brought it home and tried it, (and it hurt my stomach) I realized that it has corn syrup in it, as well as sugar-free sweeteners. Has anyone been able to find sugar-free liquid tylenol? Generic is okay too! HELP!!

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

DANinTexas360
on 2/15/15 1:05 pm
VSG on 01/26/15 with

I've never heard of sugar free Tylenol, liquid or solid. You may want to ask for you pharmacist so they can help you with it. 

Donna M.
on 2/15/15 1:23 pm
with

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for your speedy reply! I believe you're right. My Bariatric clinic seems to think I can get it. I have also sent them a message asking about it. I've not yet asked my pharmacist. If I can figure out how to get some, I'll update my post. 

Thanks again!

Donna

Spindarella_2015
on 2/15/15 7:29 pm

Even if you can't find it. The amount of sugar in the medication is small and the daily limit of Tylenol is usually 3-4 grams per day, thus limiting the amount of sugar. I know that everyone's pain thresh hold varies, but by day 5, I was off of all pain medications.

Best of luck to you.

VSG on 01/23/2015

Donna M.
on 2/16/15 12:58 am
with

Thanks for your reply! I did just get a response from my Bariatric center, and they said the same thing. I would have sworn that they told me to get sugar-free, but it doesn't exist! I'm not needing much pain relief at this point, so I didn't want to be taking the heavy-duty stuff. 

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Donna

Leebee3
on 2/16/15 3:10 am
VSG on 01/22/15

If you still need the Tylenol, I bought the regular strength and just crushed it up and put it in yogurt.   By day 3 there was no need for it.  Good luck to you!   

Donna M.
on 2/16/15 11:16 am
with

Hey there... Thanks so much for your input. I did finally hear from my nutritionist and she said it was fine if the Tylenol has some sugar. There are times when I don't really need it. But the one incision where they removed part of my stomach is still pretty painful. Hopefully that will improve in a day or two. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views