Pain

Spindarella_2015
on 2/16/15 8:04 pm

Sleeved on 01/23/2015 and was doing fantastic. I've lost 23.4#.    I've kept up with my fluids, protein and vitamins. I've adhered to my puréed diet religiously. I've been walking 5-6 miles 6 days a week on the treadmill with a variable incline of 10-21%. 3 days ago, I developed severe right sided abdominal pain and nausea. The nausea has since resolved, but the pain continues to wax and wane. Long story short, I'm concerned about gallstones and I'm scheduled for an ultrasound and bloodwork this morning.

I will be supremely disappointed if I have stones and need to undergo another surgery so soon in the process. 😥  My ultrasound in July was fine and I've been taking Actigall bid for more than 2 weeks now. 

Have any of you developes gallstones relatively early?

VSG on 01/23/2015

Sarah V.
on 2/16/15 11:27 pm

I was sleeved April 29th and had my gallbladder out in October but I was having symptoms right after surgery (and ignoring them).  I never had pain, just nausea. Unfortunately, having my gallbladder removed did nothing for my nausea, or at least it hasn't yet. I still can't eat anything fatty.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Amy M.
on 2/17/15 12:50 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I never had nausea but I would notice now and then that I'd have pain on the right side right after I ate. I always ignored it and then eventually it would go away. That was until last month when my gall bladder decided to give me pain so severe that I ended up in the ER. It was inflamed and infected. The doc took it out the next mornin. I will tell you this much,  as much as it sucks to have to have another surgery, the recovery is much swifter and much easier. 

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 3:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This is so common with all the procedures.  It bothers me that most surgeons don't just take it out while they are in there.  Mine removed mine as well as the appedix as standard procedure, and I'm thankful every time I read one of these posts.

I'm glad you're getting it addressed, though.  It sucks, but know that you're definitely not alone.  In the meantime, avoid fat and caffeine - big triggers for attacks.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kerry1969
on 2/17/15 5:23 am
VSG on 11/17/14

I had no stones 2 months prior to VSG and then 6 weeks after had major attack and had to have it removed...loaded with stones. Recovery was much easier with the gallbladder. Good luck.

VSG with Dr. Barkan on November 17, 2014. HW 220, SW 210, CW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views