Anyone know Dr. Jalil Illan in Tijuana???

Spencerella
on 3/4/15 6:55 am, edited 3/4/15 7:01 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Well, it seems that he isn't well known to the broad cross section of active OH members.

Dug a little deeper - was this the doctor you were inquiring about a few days ago on the Mexico Forum who has a 'promotion' price of $2999? 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

nancytravino
on 3/9/15 6:07 am

Hi Linda,

Yes, I am doing my research on the longtermvsg.com doctors.  Dr. Illan is no longer with them, but Dr. Maytorena is the chief surgeon.  I am researching on him now. 

Thank you!!

Nancy T. 

danggirl
on 6/4/15 12:27 pm

Can you tell me more about your experience with long term vsg?

nancytravino
on 3/6/15 3:25 am

Not interested in Dr. Illan anymore after all these posts, besides, he is no longer in the longtermvsg.com team.  I started researching on the other surgeon, Dr. Maytorena.  

thanks!!!

Nancy T.

CLN.BK
on 8/20/16 5:40 pm
VSG on 08/05/16

He performed my surgery 2 weeks ago. He was great as was his surgical team. 

HOWEVER...

DO NOT use Bariatric Pal Team MX to get his services. Go straight to the source at Baja Bariatrics. I made the mistake of using BP to have him as my surgeon. They lie and misrepresent themselves. If you try to address your concerns, your comments are deleted and HEAVILY edited so that it appears you are singing praises. 

ALSO...

StacysSleevedLife is actually the pseudo nutritionist for Bariatric Pal. She has a vested financial interest in ensuring Dr. Illan's patients use BP. 

madbullmsd
on 10/10/16 4:40 pm
VSG on 11/19/16

I'm really glad that your surgery went well :).  

I have my surgery Scheduled with Dr. Illan next month.  I did already send my deposit to bariatric pal.  I had asked them about Baja Bariatrics.  They told me that he no longer worked for Baja Bariatrics and was only finishing up some scheduled surgeries that were scheduled before he left for teammx bariatric pal. Not sure what is really going on.  

I'm hoping that I am not over paying.  I am paying $4,400 for the surgery, 2 nights in the hospital, and 2 nights in the hotel.  Other Dr.'s packages also include a day in a hotel pre op, but my package does not.  

Lol on the Stacyssleevedlife!  Pseudo nutritionist is a good description.  I was told that I would have 2 years of access to a nutritionist after my procedure.  I am very unimpressed with what they call a nutritionist.  It looks as thought she has no formal training whatsoever in any health field at all.  Although it looks as though she has had WLS herself and has lost lots of weight.  I believe that she is married to one of the patient coordinators.  So, I'm not real happy about that situation.

All of the reviews I have found about Dr. Illan however have been awesome.  I watched the video he has on youtube of an actual surgery complete with a view of the internal camera.  Beautiful surgery compared with the youtube video of another very popular Tijuana bariatric doc.    I believe that I got a good deal and I feel at peace about my decision to have him as my surgeon.  But I am disappointed in the psudo nutritionist pretending not to have ties to the Dr.  Not cool.  Not cool at all.  

I'm not too worried about not having a trained nutritionist available to me though.  I am a pretty through researcher and tend to try to find out what is best for me and don't usually listen to professionals anyway ;)     

Rachel B.
on 1/13/17 8:38 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
adshope31
on 2/26/17 6:41 pm

Yes excellent dr 2 years out an I personally know more than 20 of his patients. Our old team page has over 1,000 patients on it! Great dr great bed side manner. The hospital an staff are also great clean and friendly. He has 1,000's of successful surgeries under his belt I have had no complications an awesome results.

Gigiheart
on 3/30/17 12:16 pm

Hi I've been looking into vsg I was actually approved and set a date with a lighter Me-Mi doctor...until a death happened on the 3/25. After looking into it a bit more those docs schedule 7-8 patients per day and state the surgery takes 35 min.i too watched the you tube of Dr. Illan doing the vsg and he even stated it takes 45 to 1hr. I'd much rather have a doc who takes his time thorough and less patients to care for. Now...where can I find this guy!??

vaneflores89
on 3/10/22 8:21 am

Hi. I was reading previous comments about Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo, this is the reason I created an account. I connot find much information on him and when I looked up his credentials it won't come out on the Asocia****n Mexicana de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reconstructiva, A.C. Has anyone done any type of cosmetic surgery with Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo and can tell me your experience and also how you feel now. Thank you

Most Active