Tips/Advice from a 7 year Sleeve Veteran

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:37 am

Thanks!

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/15 3:37 am

We can out eat any surgery...one pound at at time. Even DS - can gain weight if they eat simple carbs.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:38 am

Very true.  Even though it is small portions.. you can eat those small portions ALL.DAY.LONG.  which results in huge weight gain!

Louisiana 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/23/15 5:07 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

This is so important to read for everyone in the early stages after VSG.   Thank you for posting it  

It's good to hear that the restriction is still there after 7 years, but you have to follow through with eating/doing the right things to keep the weight off.  I hope you don't have to undergo a revision and lose all the weight you want.  Thanks for coming back to OH and reporting on what life is like down the road.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

PrayMore
on 3/30/15 9:22 am

Yes, everything GeekMonster said ^^^^^^^^, thanks for reporting on life farther out. Words I much needed to hear. I wish you the best!!! Thank you!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:39 am

Thanks!!! I am so shocked how the carb cravings have just disappeared!!! 

Louisiana 

LovesDoggs
on 3/23/15 5:10 am - Clayton, CA

Great Post!  Thank you.  Need to hear this.  I'm almost there...7 pounds...and have been slipping a bit.  Your post has got me back on track a bit.  

Plan...more greens...more fish...more warm tea to up my liquids...

Thanks again!

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:41 am

Yes... you CAN do it!!! It is just changing our mind set.

Louisiana 

Sandra F.
on 3/23/15 6:04 am

Thank so much for posting.  I am not at my goal yet, but I have already started getting into some of my pre-surgery bad eating habits, so I am working to fix that as well.  Good luck to you!

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:40 am, edited 4/2/15 4:41 am

Which is why I probably stopped losing at 20 lbs short of my goal....

Louisiana 

Most Active