Brand Spankin' New

molfish62
on 3/31/15 4:09 am
VSG on 03/07/15

What others have said: protein shakes, cutting carbs, eating lean protein & veggies when you have meals. It will go by faster than you think! I lost 11lbs on my 10-day pre-op diet doing basically that; I'm sure by May you'll be able to take off 30lbs. 

See if you can schedule the time off for mid-late May. If you can't & you have to wait, you can keep up the high protein & low carb diet & be in even better shape for your surgery. 

Molly

VSG on 3/7/15. 

Add me on myfitnesspal: molfish6 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/31/15 5:13 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I did a medically supervised liquid protein diet (similar to Optifast) with one meal per day.  If you don't want to go through a physician's office, Gwen's recommendation of swapping a meal for protein shakes is a good method.  Try to avoid starchy carbs like pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, bread.  Eat protein with vegetables.  Greek yogurt is a great snack as it's high in protein and many of us eat it after surgery.

YMMV, but I lost 27 lbs in the six weeks prior to my surgery.  My weight was much higher than yours, so us heavyweights tend to lose faster initially.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views